Closed - was Shroud planning (has tshirt info here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, I'm not a super duper graphic artist... but I'm not too bad at getting things done.. so below is the attempt I made at making the graphics for the shirts.. mind you it's RGB - I can remake in CMYK but they said 3 colors and I didn't know how to get it to that aside from changing it to RGB. Any pointers you graphic artists out there? It's 600 dpi.. even though the art is 300 dpi.. but I don't think you'll see much pixellation - not much we can do since the original art is 300 dpi.. so having a 300 dpi image in a 600 dpi graphic is the same as resizing and making it to 600 dpi. I put my logo on the back and made it pretty small... So worst case scenario if Shroud ever kicks me out of bed then you can just bleach out that small back lower bottom :) then again it's only like 200 shirts for this run.

The width below is 10 inches.. and I'm pretty sure it's 10 inches tall.... that's the max size of the shirt..
Bill .. how wide did you make your WS shirt front image? I can resize this - maybe 10 inches is too wide?
Actually that's from one nipple on me to the other.. i'm a 45 chest. Maybe a size AA cup hehe jk!

front:
shroud-split-cd-tshirt-fron.jpg

back:
shroud-split-cd-tshirt-back.jpg

I'd like to plan two trips with Dan C. and Dan R. and I guess anyone else who wants to volunteer.

Trip 1: purpose - to promote OK & Shroud in cd stores. We'll bring posters and cds and aim for getting our stuff into Newbury Comics, Bull Moose, and other places up in Northern MA/NH

Trip 2: same deal - but in RI and CT - Armageddon Shop and Phoenix Records

please feel free to post your ideas and other stores we can hit..
perhaps a Boston trip should be in order? Tower? Harvard Sq cd stores? Porter sq? Second Spin?

Also we can grab food, drink.. have some fun.

Other ideas:

Shroud meeting for planning- a NON music practice meeting with the band - involving serious discussions on band projects, goals, gripes, planning..
and perhaps chuck e cheese!!

I'm free this Sat from 11am on.. and maybe Sunday - sometimes I can get up there during the week.. having me as a facilitator in the shroud meeting is optional. I don't wanna step on any toes!

ps.. what's next for the shirt process.. they need a verbal ok from Dan (the pressing place) I can send the files...
I wouldn't mind Tommy (that helped out withersoul) comment on the width of the artwork (it's 10 inch wide.. is that too big?) what was WS's front cover size? anyone wanna measure? Bill?

I can't remember offhand what the size it was on the shirt... definately ask tommy about that. I think ours, came out a hair smaller than what i was really hoping for, but neverthless..it turned out great...

Oak Knoll said:
Other ideas:

Shroud meeting for planning- a NON music practice meeting with the band - involving serious discussions on band projects, goals, gripes, planning..
and perhaps chuck e cheese!!

I'm free this Sat from 11am on.. and maybe Sunday - sometimes I can get up there during the week.. having me as a facilitator in the shroud meeting is optional. I don't wanna step on any toes!

Saturday is the best day for me for a non-practice meeting should Dan R. decide we should have an off-practice meeting/gathering. I think it's a decent idea and we could do pizza or something else afterwoulds locally.

Hey, did you guys get the DD forum for Shroud running? I can close this thread and tell peeps to go to that forum - I can add a link - and you guys can get the rest of the band to start using that to plan right?

Good afternoon! As far as distribution goes I have connections with the folks at SPV and other labels if you need them. Also you mentioned RED, is this Red Stream? If so I have contacts over there as well. As for violin, I could put something up for you guys either at Berklee or at the New England Conservatory. Let me know what I can do to help!

Bruce

Oak Knoll said:
Ok, here are some notes we took on the road about band planning for Shroud:

Hot Topics
  1. Sound guy
    Joe B. ? Pay rate
    need Compressor (300), Mixing Board (1200), EQ (100), LIGHTS
  2. Distribution
    Jeremy will contact RED, Nevare, SPV
    and others, focus on getting into stores
  3. Manager
    Jeremy could be acting manager if Dan agrees to deliver on some stuff :wave:
  4. Violinist
  5. Lawyer
  6. PR & Show Booking
  7. Tshirts, Stickers, Merch
    Reuben from Ocean has shirt contacts/Dan C. will pursue
other items
new banner for split cd
record store trips (RI, NH, MA - Newbury, Bull Moose, Phoenix, Armageddon)
will need posters

Status
Not open for further replies.