Closer

ElusiveDogcow

Apr 6, 2003
First post from a longtime lurker.

I had the opportunity today to listen to Closer, it's a classic slow burner in the tradition of Judgement and Release, but with a prevalent air of regret and melancholic beauty. Despite some lackluster production, the song is sheer gorgeousity, from the keyboard line that runs undisturbed through the song to the jarring, electrifying guitar solo. The effects heavy (and indecipherable) vocals are used as more of an instrument than anything else, it may be futile but does anyone have the lyrics?

----------------

The Church - Forget Yourself OCTOBER 13
Anathema - A Natural Disaster OCTOBER 20
Art of Fighting - Hybernator JANUARY

Goes like this I think :

' Your dreamland is a very scary place to be trapped inside for all your life, shine in time until you find you're closer to the truth within you'.

there may be some mistaked but anyway only one week to go to have the full lyrics ;)

Strangelight said:
thats not posh, he spelt lacklustre wrong

lackluster, LACKLUSTER! Or maybe it is lacklustre. Does it really matter? Canadian spelling, I suppose. And gorgeousity isn't a word, nor does it have to be. You know what I mean. Man, this is the most anal board ever. Is it bash the newbie day or something? Because if so I want to play too. Please? Please?

And, as good as the Opeth "Closer" is, I was yakking about the Anathema version. Y'know, with this being an Anathema board and all. I think.

ElusiveDogcow said:
lackluster, LACKLUSTER! Or maybe it is lacklustre. Does it really matter? Canadian spelling, I suppose. And gorgeousity isn't a word, nor does it have to be. You know what I mean. Man, this is the most anal board ever. Is it bash the newbie day or something? Because if so I want to play too. Please? Please?

And, as good as the Opeth "Closer" is, I was yakking about the Anathema version. Y'know, with this being an Anathema board and all. I think.
ah dont take it too seriously boss. anyway, heres a few e-meat pies as a gesture of goodwill to fellow men
pies2360a.jpg

aye e-meat pies made me laugh on a day when i dont really feel like laughing. closer is probably me fave song on the album and the lyrics are exactly like cedarbreed said except its 'dreamworld' not dreamland. its the only song on the album that even comes close to having a message for any of the listeners.