Clothing, fads and trends?

It could be Sean John... but in news, Sean Paul is putting out a clothing line too. :/

Spandex, and low cut jeans, both on women who have no business wearing them..gah! Cover that shit up, girls! And babydoll/half shirts on women in their 30s & older..that's a teenybopper look, ladies..let your teenaged daughters wear those, quit trying to recapture your lost youth..eck!

Why do some of you care so much about trends? I know that it is irritating that some people wear clothes that they can't represent, or stand for. But there's a difference between trend and "wannabe different" kind of people. A trendy dude only wears what is accepted, a while ago it was converse allstars shoes and trashy clothes (ha ha!). The "wannabe different" style has also been a trend, but there's allways someone who tries to go farther: extreme hiphop clothing (bling bling!), you name it. And it's not a surprise that kids fall for this. Most kids under 14-15 has not find their personality yet, and need to try styles to find it. I know some people that are still trying to find a style that fits them after a long period of time. They just haven't found themselves really. I, too, tried with hiphop style when i was about 12, and after some time i quit with it (i didn't even listen to hiphop of any kind). I needed to realise to myself that it was ridiculous, that i couldn't represent any of the clothing i had, and i only wore it because i thought it was cool. Then after a while i did found my personality, without any clothes and trends to effect me.

If you have found your personality, and are comfortable with it, then try not to bother about these kids. They are lost and confused now, but they will find themselves. But posers can be a real bitch sometimes, and if you want to, confront them and ask them about bands or other stuff (if they are band posers), and they will find themselves ignorant, miserable and pityful (and if they don't realise it, they are truly blind).

by the way, i'm 15 years old.
-crusader

Only elitist tr00 m3t4l heads actually care about posers,who the fuck really cares what the fuck some other guy is waering,if he´s comfortable with it let him stick to it

Clothing should represent who you are. If you don't like rap, don't wear P. Diddy clothing. If you don't surf, don't wear Hollister. If you wear P. Diddy and listen to metal, its kinda like lying about your musical preference. I wouldn't want anyone telling me they like In Flames or Skyfire just to please me. I'd rather get to know who someone truly is.

when i was in high school i remember there was that whole man-bitch raver trend going around. that was my least favorite style. what is the point of wearing bright orange pants where the very bottom of the pant leg is fourty inches around? i also never understood why people wear visors backwards and upside down.

another bad one is the one where people wear girls pants and t-shirts that are way to small with a bandana and a hat turned sideways and eye-liner.

i dont understand how either of those got popular

Anything individual I wear to a club one week, then find a hord of tweenies in cheap versions the next week....apologies to the 16-18 year olds, but they really must break their parents financially....It breaks me, and I work.

Plus shell suits and neon polkodot anything.....grrrr....glow sticks too.....

AlphaTemplar said:
Clothing should represent who you are. If you don't like rap, don't wear P. Diddy clothing. If you don't surf, don't wear Hollister. If you wear P. Diddy and listen to metal, its kinda like lying about your musical preference. I wouldn't want anyone telling me they like In Flames or Skyfire just to please me. I'd rather get to know who someone truly is.
Um yeah. Sure buddly, fashion defines who you are :rolleyes:. It's just clothing.

Bah, I wear my torn old 'tallica shirt around the place sometimes, because I'm cool and old-school. :Smug: Heh, it's remarkable how many people ask me why I dont throw it out.

I just hate people who dress 'differently' especialy when the only thing 'different' about them is that hey look like that Avril woman.

I have people that have shirts that are too small for them, and people that wear belts with those nastly metal things on them. :\

speed said:
Now if she is 35 and can wear those baby doll shirts- that is hot to men.
Men think that's hot? bwaaaaaaahahahaha! :lol: :lol: That's about as hot as a man with a comb-over..when ya get old, just accept it & don't try to pretend it's not happening, cuz it makes ya look like a friggin idiot.