Clouds Disperse

Bryn

HiHi
Dec 25, 2005
U.S.A
My interview with lead vocalist of Clouds Disperse.

Who are you and what do you do?
I am Danny Hughes and I am vocals for Clouds Disperse.
( 2 members, Phil plays guitars )

416334484_l.jpg

Where's the band from?
United Kingdom, Phil is from Runcorn and I am from North Wales.

Who're your major influences?
Personally, Scar Symmetry and In Flames, Phil would say In Flames and At The Gates :).

What band do you think you sound most like?
I'd say either Older In Flames, At The Gates or Amon Amarth!

Who was the first band that sent you down the path of creating your type of music?
For me...erm, probably Fear Factory, Burton's vocal range is awesome, and inspired me originally. Even though we sound nothing like FF!

Do you have a local scene, if so what's it like?
Pretty shit, it's all punk and emo around here.

How can people hear your music?
www.myspace.com/cloudsdisperse or www.cloudsdisperse.com.
We have our debut (self produced and self everything) album coming out real real soon!
Available on the net, it will be.

If you could play a gig with 3 other bands, who would it be?
Scar Symmetry, In Flames and, Soilwork.

Quality or Quantatity for songs?
Quality without a doubt.

Would you describe your sound as Hot or Cold?
Cold, the lyrics are based around a chilling concept I wrote, it's pretty wierd and deep shit, it's cold!

What are you plans for the future?
Finish our album, release it on the net, and send copies to record labels!

What song of yours should people listen to before any other?
The Visit and Hostillius Be Thy Name, these songs are what we are about!

What's your favourite album of all time, and why?
Scar Symmetry - take your pic of either album basically. Christian has the most awesome vocal range I've ever heard. And the music has so much energy, a truly awesome band!

What was the main reason you became a musician?To express myself, and to bring life to the conceot I wrote!

How would you like to be remembered if your band broke up?
Erm, for being a fresh band with a difference, there is so much behind the lyrics, our music has depth!

What one location in the world would you love to play a gig at?
It'd be cool to play Sweden, for obvious reasons. I duno really, doesn't matter to me where we'd play, as long as our fans were there.

What do you think of the current metal magazines? Pretty good, there are great opportunities to get unknown bands in magazines.

Tell us 3 good reasons why people should listen to you?
There is more to us than music, the backbone of our music is the conceot that drives it.

What details do you have about your first recording?
The title of the album is "Planet" and it's basically all about a concept I wrote last year, the concept deals with religion, but not in a preachist way at all, it's fiction, nothing more :) It also deals with themes of war and a small small pinch of sci-fi.

We have 11 tracks reaching nearly 50 minutes in total, and it was all entirely self recorded and mixed. You will be able to download the whole album plus a cover of In Flames "Embody The Invisible" very very soon.

534017866_l.jpg

- If you like melodic death, you are bound to find something in our music that you will enjoy.

Thanks for the chance to talk!

Great guys, be sure to check out the website or their Myspace.

Clouds Disperse have just released a cover of ' Embody the Invisible ' by In Flames on their MySpace.
Go check it out and leave a comment ASAP.