Clutch in Nashville

karrokid

freelance jackass
Feb 12, 2005
nashville
I went to see clutch last night. i give the show 4 dio hands :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

great gig. it was sold out so the stoner air guitar guy next to me kept bumping into me. the band played for about 90 minutes and the set was mostly stuff off "beale street" and "robot hive" with a handfull of oldies thrown in. they did about 8 or 9 off the new album. the sound was crystal clear after about the 2nd song on.

we missed the first band but , 5 horse johnson was pretty good and the harp player jammed with clutch on about half the set.

not really any complaints except the omission of pure rock fury and, 10001110101 from the set list. i would have settled for a much shorter version of "who's been talking" (it clocked in at about 12 minutes) and 1 or 2 more tunes in the set list.

one final note during "gravel road" 2 drunk girls to my left started dancing and grinding on each other which led to some making out and feeling up. so i'm glad (like every guy within eye shot)that song was in the set list :lol:

go check em out if the come to your town

clutch not the 2 girls

Did the setlist look a little like this?

John Wilkes Booth
Wishbone
Never be Moved
Burning Beard
Child of the City
You can't stop Progress
Power Player
Electric Worry*
Big News 1 *
Black Umbrella*
Mice and Gods
Devil and Me
Whites Ferry+
Cypress Grove+
Mr. Shiny Cadillackness+
La Curandera+

* with eric from fhj
+ with ooze

Encore
Gravel Road
Who's Been Talking

I'm hitting up the Grand Rapids show with my brother. Clutch rarely disappoints live!

Oh, and I think the omission of 10001110101 is a good thing. That song seems to bring out the inner douche bag in people for some reason. The last time I saw them, a huge pit broke out for that song and I ended up spilling my beer that I just bought (an offense punishable by death:lol: ). Of all the songs to mosh too???? Makes no sense to me:confused: ....

that's the set list and don't worry cypress grove gets the pit now instaed of 10001110101:lol:

also the other 2 guys both played on the encores as well

John Wilkes Booth
Wishbone
Never be Moved
Burning Beard
Child of the City
You can't stop Progress
Power Player
Electric Worry*
Big News 1 *
Black Umbrella*
Mice and Gods
Devil and Me
Whites Ferry+
Cypress Grove+
Mr. Shiny Cadillackness+
La Curandera+

* with eric from fhj
+ with ooze

Encore
Gravel Road
Who's Been Talking

I'm hitting up the Grand Rapids show with my brother. Clutch rarely disappoints live!

this is the set list but add "one eye dollar"

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Doesn't look like there were any tapers there for this show, Karro. If the show pops up later on, I'll make sure to snag it for ya.

John Wilkes Booth
Wishbone
Never be Moved
Burning Beard
Child of the City
You can't stop Progress
Power Player
Electric Worry*
Big News 1 *
Black Umbrella*
Mice and Gods
Devil and Me
Whites Ferry+
Cypress Grove+
Mr. Shiny Cadillackness+
La Curandera+

* with eric from fhj
+ with ooze

Encore
Gravel Road
Who's Been Talking

The setlist must be changing every night. I saw them in St Petersburg, FL last night. We didn't get to hear Cypress Grove or Big News but they played Profits of Doom, The Regulator, A Shotgun Named Marcus and Texan Book of the Dead.
It was my first time seeing Clutch. They ruled! Super small venue, maybe 500/600 people and it was packed.

i would love to hear "shotgun named marcus" at a show. seen them like 4/5 times and never got that treat yet :(

i would love to hear "shotgun named marcus" at a show. seen them like 4/5 times and never got that treat yet :(

Heh. I have seen them close to 20 times and have seen them play it at least 9 times. Most of them were before Robot Hive was released, though. They don't really hit on their earlier albums all that much anymore. The song I really want to hear them play, but haven't seen live yet is Binge and Purge....."Come on motherfucker lets throw down!!!":headbang: That song has always been one of my favs:lol: