Co-Headliner and Additional Bands Announced for Only US All Female-Fronted Metal Fest

BlackRoseMetalHeart

Metal Mistress
Feb 4, 2006
Baltimore, MD - USA
www.myspace.com
FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES
US Female Metal Festival
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Station 4 - St. Paul, Minnesota
www.femalemetalfest.com

SwordLord Productions Presents
The 2008 FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES Metal Festival

Minnesota-based Metal Promoter Announces Co-Headliner and Additional Bands to Second Year
for the Only All Female-Fronted Metal Festival in the United States

SwordLord Productions is proud to announce the second annual FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES (FotV) metal festival on Saturday, June 28, 2008 at STATION 4 in downtown St. Paul, Minnesota.

"We had a good start to the festival with the 2007 show and I’ve tried to step it up a notch with the variety of genres and amount of high-profile bands we are placing on this year’s bill," says Nathan "SwordLord" Block, Flight of the Valkyries festival promoter and founder of SwordLord Productions. “It is with great pleasure that I announce the rising star of the Brazilian metal scene, Shadowside, as this year’s Flight of the Valkyries co-headliner.

l_2203d9fd87a4eea98e6ba49e0768ef48.jpg

l_1568ca79dc0cab5b6a41a7c631d321aa.jpg

Shadowside, intense female-fronted power metal lead by the strong yet melodic vocals of Dani Nolden, has received widespread admiring reviews and is building a very strong and loyal fan base for their music full of personality, competence and solid instrumental work.

Additional confirmed bands for the 2008 FotV festival include Dendura, progressive metal with a middle eastern/Egyptian infused sound and image, including a belly dancer as part of their live stage show,

l_3914b569f9d5e0165c159867b8e203b2.jpg

as well as Minnesota-based metal bands Something to Fear, dark heavy metal with a powerful blend of bluesy vocals and growling,

l_ad0852985cc9b76d439728f0fbd4de1a.jpg

and Aria Sharp, an eclectic rock band whose not afraid to show their aggressive side.

l_2ae207232c0e0b21ea7dcf6f402b3929.jpg

Block recently announced the festival’s headliner – “metal laboratory” Unexpect - earlier this month. As one of the most unique and diverse bands to come out of Canada, Unexpect mixes elements of black, death, core, symphonic, progressive and melodic metal; classical, operatic, medieval, goth, electro, ambient, psychotic, noise and circus music with an occasional jazzy touch.

“UNEXPECT has been a third-tier support act for various bands touring the US including Epica and most recently Norway’s Trail of Tears,” says Block. “This will be a very rare opportunity to experience a full headline set from this absolutely indescribable metal act.”

Additional bands will be confirmed and announced in the coming months.

"There are so many great metal bands with female lead vocals that don’t get enough exposure or get it often enough," says Block. “Flight of the Valkyries is a chance for those bands to really shine. I’d like to continue this festival for many more years and I hope that the fans will support me in that!”

Tickets for the Flight of the Valkyries festival will go on sale on Saturday, February 16 at 10:00am. Ticket prices are $15 in advance or $20 on the day of show. Doors will open at 3:00 pm. The show is 18+.

Advanced tickets for the festival can be purchased here: http://swordlordproductions.indietic...tomer/home.php

Flight of the Valkyries is the only music festival of its kind in the US devoted to metal bands with female lead vocalists. The festival showcases all metal sub-genres with the only unifying factor being that a female vocalist obviously must front the band.

The festival debuted in June of 2007, showcasing a variety of female-fronted metal bands such as Doro, Vainglory, Earthen, The Ottoman Empire, Visideon, Spiritual Decay, and Sirens of Titan.

For more information on the Flight of the Valkyries festival, please visit the festivals web site at www.femalemetalfest.com or on MySpace at www.myspace.com/femalemetalfest. For more information on SwordLord Productions, visit www.MySpace.com/SWORDLORD.

Wahoo! I'm so happy to finally announce this (probably has a little to do with the fact that I had a hand in booking two of the bands). It feels like I've been waiting forever to tell folks.

Thanks for letting me work with you on this, Nathan. Flight of the Valkyries is going to kick so much ass this year! :headbang:

As I said on the ProgPower forum I am so shocked that Benedictum didnt get announced. With Shadowside announced I may attend. Will there be any more bands announced?

As I said on the ProgPower forum I am so shocked that Benedictum didnt get announced. With Shadowside announced I may attend. Will there be any more bands announced?

RE: Bendictum - All I will say at this point is that Nathan and I really wanted them on the roster too. Believe me, we did try. They are incredibly talented and would have made a great addition to the bill. Maybe on a future festival.

More band announcements? Damn, Biffle! I just announced four. I'm glad your enthusiastic, but give me and Nathan a chance to breathe (and sleep a little). :lol:
Additional bands will be confirmed and announced in the coming months.
Yes, there will be more bands announced and hopefully a special guest appearance that we are working on as well.

Please take time to check out the bands just announced. I'd love to hear some thoughts on Dendura (PP sampler alumn) and our two locals, Something to Fear and Aria Sharp. I've noticed Shadowside has had two separate threads about them on the ProgPower forum in the last two months, so I'm a little surprised I haven't seen more conversation about them yet. I've been super excited about them playing the fest and I took a lot from me to not let this news slip out before now.

I guess I'm just anxious to hear what people think. Thanks for all the great comments thus far! :headbang:

I dig Aria Sharp it is very atmospheric while still keeping my attention. Dendura was okay I am not sure if maybe I heard the wrong songs, but they dont really grab my attention. Something To Fear isnt too bad, I dont really care for her death vocals.

So this announcement wasnt really my cup of tea, but the bands are definitely talented and hopefully they will draw people in.

Just a heads up that there will be a few radio DJ's at this Event.

Also, as a way of giving back to the music community and supporting the FOTV fest, Aria Sharp is holding a give-away promotion, the Grand Prize being a pair of FOTV Tickets, a hotel stay, an autographed CD and An Aria Sharp T-Shirt. A winner will be randomly selected on March 15th.

See our myspace for more information at www.myspace.com/ariasharp

Sara