March 12, 2008

FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES
Female Metal Festival
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Station 4 - St. Paul, Minnesota
www.femalemetalfest.com

BENEDICTUM and Two Alumni Bands Finalize
Roster Announcements for Flight of the Valkyries 2008

SwordLord Productions Completes Bill for Second Annual US All Female-Fronted Metal Festival
St. Paul, Minnesota - March 12, 2008 - Heavy US power metal from California, Benedictum, has officially been added to the line-up for the second annual Flight of the Valkyries (FotV) metal festival on Saturday, June 28, 2008 at Station 4 in downtown St. Paul, Minnesota.

"As a band that has consistently received praise since the release of their debut album Uncreation in 2006, Benedictum has quickly become a strong force in American and female-fronted heavy metal," says Nathan "SwordLord" Block, Flight of the Valkyries festival promoter and founder of SwordLord Productions. “Adding Benedictum to the FotV roster has been a goal of ours from the start of this years’ booking, so needless to say we are ecstatic to finally be able to announce this great addition to the 2008 festival. I’m sure the fans will be just as happy as I am.”

Benedictum, who recently released its sophomore album Seasons of Tragedy, delivers an epic style of metal with awesome riffs, fierce rhythms, strong melodies and shredding leads. Combine those talents and top it off with one of the most extraordinary voices to enter the metal scene in the last decade, courtesy of Veronica Freeman.

SwordLord Productions has also completed this year’s festival roster by adding FotV alumni Visideon, heavy metal with a classical twist from Minneapolis, MN, and Earthen, American folk metal from Brookfield, IL, who both played the Flight of the Valkyries’ debut festival in 2007.

"We are honored to have the continued support of talented up-and-coming acts like Earthen and Visideon. Both bands have showed incredible enthusiasm towards the festival and our mission to support and bring more female-fronted metal to the US. I enjoy working with both of these bands very much and am very happy that they are both on the bill again this year," says Block.

Additional confirmed bands for the 2008 FotV festival include headliner, Unexpect, a “metal laboratory” from Canada; Shadowside, intense power metal from Brazil; Dendura, progressive metal with a middle eastern/Egyptian infused sound and image, including a belly dancer as part of their live stage show; Something to Fear, dark heavy metal with a powerful blend of bluesy vocals and growling from Minneapolis, MN; and Aria Sharp, an eclectic rock band from Minneapolis, MN who’s not afraid to show their aggressive side.

Tickets for the Flight of the Valkyries festival are currently on sale for $10 until March 15 as part of a special internet pre-sale. Regular ticket prices are $15 in advance or $20 on the day of show. Doors will open at 3:00 pm. The show is 18+. Advanced tickets for the festival can be purchased here: http://swordlordproductions.indietic...tomer/home.php

Flight of the Valkyries is the only music festival of its kind in the US devoted to metal bands with female lead vocalists. The festival showcases all metal sub-genres with the only unifying factor being that a female vocalist obviously must front the band.

The festival debuted in June of 2007, showcasing a variety of female-fronted metal bands such as Doro, Vainglory, Earthen, The Ottoman Empire, Visideon, Spiritual Decay, and Sirens of Titan.

For more information on the Flight of the Valkyries festival, please visit the festivals web site at www.femalemetalfest.com or on MySpace at www.myspace.com/femalemetalfest. For more information on SwordLord Productions, visit www.MySpace.com/SWORDLORD.

# # #

veronicafeatherresizenl1.jpg

Meet Veronica, the lead singer of Benedictum.

SWEET! Consider myself an attendee if BARfest disappoints in drawing power. I hate to have to chose, but BAR fest gets something special that I cant miss then I am sure you guys understand.