CoB not touring with Halford in the USA.

Twisted Tony

Old School Metalhead
Mar 18, 2002
Bricktown, NJ
Visit site
These quotes taken from a thread over at Halford Quorum

According to Warman, CHILDREN OF BODOM were treated great by HALFORD and crew during the six-date tour, which culminated in BODOM guitarist Alexi Laiho joining the headliners for a rendition of JUDAS PRIEST's "Living After Midnight".

"Rob was very, very nice, and despite the fact that we were his support band, we were able to use all the lights and so on," Warman said. "[Rob] also asked if we could support his next U.S. tour [which is tentatively scheduled to start in late March], but we can't do that because we have our own European headlining tour [to do at the same time]."

Warman, who keeps busy during C.O.B.'s downtime by writing and recording with side-project band WARMEN, says that he and the rest of CHILDREN OF BODOM engaged in some good ole' rock-star debauchery after the tour's final gig.

"I know it's fucking stupid, but we acted like rock stars," Warman admitted. "We had a few drinks after the show and then proceeded to destroy our hotel room. The hotel manager and three security guards came up to the room, took some pictures and went to downstairs to figure out how much we owed them for all the damage... In the end, it wasn't that bad, so we can look back on it now and laugh about it."
http://fi.soneraplaza.net/kaista/musiq/

Looks like the European fans are going to have a CoB tour. Hopefully they'll get over here to the US soon!

that halford tour "metal gods" sounds really awesome and that would have been a good shot to play in front of fans along with gaining new ones that would have hopefully lead to bigger crowds for an eventual headlining tour like in flames have done although they have gone overboard with what tours they become part of, you get my basic point. :)

Originally posted by tattooedsean666
that halford tour "metal gods" sounds really awesome and that would have been a good shot to play in front of fans along with gaining new ones that would have hopefully lead to bigger crowds for an eventual headlining tour like in flames have done although they have gone overboard with what tours they become part of, you get my basic point. :)

I was really hoping CoB were getting a spot on that tour. Rob Halford has stated many times over at his website that the upcoming tour would feature bands from he different genres of Metal. CoB would have been an excellent choice.

Well hopefully Soilwork will be on the bill.

fucking hell won't they ever tour here? They've toured europe plenty and NEVER the U.S. you'd think they would get a clue when that kind of opportunity drops into their lap and do a U.S. tour.... damn well pissing me off.

Soilwork is doing their own tour with Mudvayne in the fall I think, after they finish up the summer festivals.

Originally posted by CERVEZA
Well, we should bombard them with letters and e-mails. Maybe they get it after that. Unles they have a stupid management.

I am sure that they know they have a following here in the US. But in this case the band has to live up to it's commitments. The European tour has probably been schedule for awhile. They just can't dump it to tour here. As much as we all want that, you have to look at it reallistically.

CoB will get here eventually.

if a band like hammerfall can always tour america then bands need to stand the heck up and get over here. they must realize that they won't play in front of 1000-6,000 people every night, might play dirty clubs in some cities but they will gain a loyal fan base and then if they get the chance to open on bigger tours go for it but just don't NOT come over as you wait for the RIGHT tour to get on like you are trying to win the lottery.