CoB Summer Festival appearances

^Exactly. Headliners suck major dick IMHO. But some really nice bands: Bodom, LOG, Exodus, Legion Of The Damned, Dream Theater, Blind Guardian... Not that bad, but headliners are shit, specially the last day.
Well, they normally book larger old bands like Saxon, Judas Priest, Guns 'n Roses, Ozzy Osbourne, etc. That are cool names, but those acts are so disappointing live, most of those bandsmembers are 50 years old and they just cant do a proper banging headlining show. Plus, after 5 years you can repeat your list again ...

That's why i'm glad that they didnt book 3 old 80's bands.
I'm not a big fan of slipknot but they have some good songs and i'm sure they will play a hell of a show, better then Aerosmith 2 years ago.

But:
1. I must agree: Manson sucks
2. Iron Maiden STILL fucking kicks ass live after almost 30 years. But they continuely headlined graspop for the last 5 years.

Possible headliners for the future: Rammstein, System of a Down, etc ...

Two years ago was probably one of the best line-ups ever, too bad I didn't go.
Last year was also a very good line-up, that Behemoth concert is still my favorite concert ever.
This year's just not very good for me, apart from some bands.

Posted on the Bodom homepage:

Children Of Bodom's summer festival schedule for 2009 is at the moment the following:

May 30 - Rock Hard Festival, Amphitheater Gelsenkirchen (D)
June 12 - Provinssirock, Seinäjoki (FIN)
June 20 - Metalway Festival, Zaragoza (ES)
June 26 - Metaltown, Gothenburg (SWE)
July 03 - Ruisrock, Turku (FIN)
July 18 - Ilosaarirock, Joensuu (FIN)

Also, COB will play a co-headlining show with As I Lay Dying on May 14 at The Norva in Norfolk, VA right before the seven-week North American run with Lamb Of God ends the next day in South California.

Depends on what position on the bill they are. I don't really know about Bodom but maybe 1 hour and 15 mins or something?

Graspop starts to look better now with these new names. Really considering going now.

I wanted to go to graspop so much.. it's quite far but i wanted it so much.. nightwish and cob on the same day, these 2 bands that almost saved my life.. and now i'm buring my dream.. my parents don't want to let me get there alone.. too bad.. another time maybe.. i know i'm a bit childish to cry like that but i was planning it and all of a sudden they tell me i can't go there alone..

Hey! New to this forum :)

Just wondered if anyone thinks COB might be returning to Download this year??
There seems to be a nice gap in their summer festival dates of a return.

Cheers

Hey! New to this forum :)

Just wondered if anyone thinks COB might be returning to Download this year??
There seems to be a nice gap in their summer festival dates of a return.

Cheers

No, I asked Roope in Manchester. Said no UK festivals this summer.
Try checking the download forums, I've answered this same question many times.

Word

No, I asked Roope in Manchester. Said no UK festivals this summer.
Try checking the download forums, I've answered this same question many times.

Word

To be honest I really can't stand the Download forum.....Hardly ever go on it.
But cheers for repeating the info!

Wowee!

My favorite band in metal and my favorite band in punk rock playing the same festival... Not that incredible, really, I guess, but considering it seems like no one has ever heard of No Use For A Name, it surprises me. Incredible.