Emi

underdog
May 10, 2002
imola - italy
code666.net
code666 become part of the

Aural Music
group

Aural Music is a new Record Company founded by code666 Label-Manager Emiliano Lanzoni,
born to be an "overground home" for all the underground sublabels now under the code666 flag.
code666 started to gain ground, hitting 70.000 copies sold of the entire catalogue,
this change was necessary to keep his avantgarde and indipendent spirit alive
without comprimising the attitude and musical direction.
starting from 1st January 2004, code666 will become a sub-label of Aural Music, as well as

code666 will continue to work with Avantgarde, Experimental and Extreme Metal bands
Dreamcell11 will expand into the Dark EBM , Electro-Gothic Scene
GoreGorecords is the home for the Sickness & Brutality
and finally Amaranth Recordings, ruled by Ephel Duath's Mastermind Davide Tiso,
will sign weird & original Hardcore, Electronic and Post-Rock artists.

contacts:
(website to be launched 1st january 2004)

---------------------------------------------------------​

code666 announce the signing of swedish maniacs

Carinou

the debut-cd titled "Bound" will be released in February 2004 on code666.
Fredrik Söderlund, leader of Industrial-Ambient act Puissance is the force behind Carinou.
like always here at code666, their music is hard to be defined,
do not expect "Puissance-like" music, because Carinou is completely different,
if you liked the Manes evolution, "Bound" will kill you with an overdose of
morbid, perverted and negative Metal.
from a Lyrical point of view, probably the most Extreme CD in code666 history...
a NEW CULT.

Official Tracklist:

01- Vivid

02- Purge
03- Whore
04- Alone
05- Trust
06- Bound
07- Mistress
08- Carinou
09- Chris
10- Dead

-----------------------------------------------------------​

Aural Music is proud to announce the signing of
Orchestral Progressive new sensation
Mechanical Poet

after discovering Rakoth, we present now this
young and extremely talented Russian band, able to mix
gothic progressive metal with deep ambient pads,
trance electronics and rich classical orchestrations.

here's the "phormula":
(prog metal) minus (boring virtuosism) x ("Tim Burton" atmosphere) plus (modern sound) = Mechanical Poet.

the brand new concept album titled "Prattles at the Backwoods"
will be released on Aural Music in 2004

Lee_B said:
Nice one Emi! I really hope this works out for you :)

I guessed good for Mechanical Poet too! Do they have a vocalist now?

Lee
well, you are my A&R hero, it's not a surprise you guessed good ;) yes, the new Vocalist is AMAZING... and I'm more than sure that he will do even better on the album. It's my first step into a more "classical" form of Metal, so I want to do it in the best way i can.

Interesting. I myself will continue to look after Code666, and forward to this new Amaranth label. That nre Russian band seems interesting, if mostly in part to my lack of recognizing their described style. I can picture the Carinou sound, although it will still be worth hearing. I also would like to add that I enjoy the new Atrox record, but it feels a bit short somehow. I would really love to hear them do a record with much studio trickery in the production. Perhaps something very digital like Phantomsmasher...

Aural wil this be the label for less experimental , dare i say more mainstream works. and the others will be sublabel of the more undeground materials of all genres.

WHy not just put it all under Code666??? This is why i changed the name of DFR Industries to Beauty & Pain so all artists regaurdless of genre can be placed under one label, promotions company and magazine.

anyway best of luck. Carinou sounds very interesting to me

later
Clint

DFRIndustries said:
Aural wil this be the label for less experimental , dare i say more mainstream works. and the others will be sublabel of the more undeground materials of all genres.

WHy not just put it all under Code666??? This is why i changed the name of DFR Industries to Beauty & Pain so all artists regaurdless of genre can be placed under one label, promotions company and magazine.

anyway best of luck. Carinou sounds very interesting to me

later
Clint
I prefere to keep separated each label, it's hard to sell Manes and Handful of Hate at the same distributor or to promote 'em in the same way... plus I need to have a Bigger Company to back us not only a different name...

Amaranth Recordings, ruled by Ephel Duath's Mastermind Davide Tiso, will sign weird & original Hardcore, Electronic and Post-Rock artists

I'm curious to see what bands are signed on this sub-label.

Emi said:
I prefere to keep separated each label, it's hard to sell Manes and Handful of Hate at the same distributor or to promote 'em in the same way... plus I need to have a Bigger Company to back us not only a different name...

EMI im a bit confused so why do you need a Bigger Company to back you. So Aural isnt your company its someone else??? Also is Aural now a Retail Distro Company as well??? sorry so many business questions but as a label and webzine owner im very interested.

Yes ive found some distro take some titles of mine while other take the rest i agree there.

But ive found have sublabels gets too damn confusing in my case. You just get the correct titles to the correct distros.

We can do this via email if this get to annoying for others.

promotions@beautyandpain.com

thanks
Clint

Aural is my Company, but it's much bigger than code666, more money invested, more people working, bigger plans and bigger possibilities.
code666 born to be an underground "avantgarde" metal label and I don't want to change this path.
code666 does not have the structure, the money and the will to expand more, having all those sublabels was not a good situation.
Aural Music born to be something very different, more "business oriented" compared to code666.
so I can continue to do "weird&original uncommercial" stuff on code666 if I want, and on the other hand I can do "weird&original commercial" stuff on Aural Music.
plus Aural Music will take care of all the business side of code666, so we'll be a bit more free to sign good bands with c666 even knowing they will sell nothing, because Aural Music will hopefully be able to back us.

Emi said:
Aural is my Company, but it's much bigger than code666, more money invested, more people working, bigger plans and bigger possibilities.
code666 born to be an underground "avantgarde" metal label and I don't want to change this path.
code666 does not have the structure, the money and the will to expand more, having all those sublabels was not a good situation.
Aural Music born to be something very different, more "business oriented" compared to code666.
so I can continue to do "weird&original uncommercial" stuff on code666 if I want, and on the other hand I can do "weird&original commercial" stuff on Aural Music.
plus Aural Music will take care of all the business side of code666, so we'll be a bit more free to sign good bands with c666 even knowing they will sell nothing, because Aural Music will hopefully be able to back us.

EMI

Why not just make Code666 a Bigger label by backing the money there . THis is were im confused .If C666 is making he money already as that is your only label correct. Does Aural have other backers and your the owner . if so then it all makes scene. or is it you just feel everyone knows C666 as a avantgarde label ???thanks for dealing with my questions.

Thanks again
Clint.

DFRIndustries said:
EMI

Why not just make Code666 a Bigger label by backing the money there . THis is were im confused .If C666 is making he money already as that is your only label correct. Does Aural have other backers and your the owner . if so then it all makes scene. or is it you just feel everyone knows C666 as a avantgarde label ???thanks for dealing with my questions.
because I don't want to make code666 a bigger label at all! :) code666 can grow of course, but only from an "artistic" point of view.
code666 is not far to reach his max in terms of copies sold, the market for this kind of muisc is very small and I don't want to sign bands not fitting with code666 just because i need to get some money to pay my bills.
code666 has a reputation to be a "special" label, and growing too much could be a risk for his reputation, I fear to loose the "focus" and go away from the core of code666.
with Aural music, i can do whatever i want, with no fear to sell out, because it's a different kind of label with different goals.
and finally, this is of course my opinion, I could be wrong... time will tell :)