Coheed and Cambria

Apr 23, 2006
I've got a few of there albums and i reckon theyre bloody good, at first i kinda thought they were a faith no more rip off but now i think they are very unique. i mean bloody hell, there songs are based on a graphic novel the lead singer writes. his voive was something i had to get used to but i think the whole idea behind this band is great. i also saw them live and they put on a bloody good show. just wondering what u guys thought of em?

cheers

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness is an uber cool album.

I've only heard stuff off of their last album and a bunch of it is good. The singer does take a while, and i still dont even know if i like him, but i can deal with him. Very talented band though.

Slightly above average emo crap with failed attempts of progression and innovation imo.

I like this band. The newest album was a bit disappointing. A lot of the songs get old real fast and there's so fucking many of them.

NineFeetUnderground said:
you have heard faith no more right?

It'a a tenuous link, but they do have poppy hooks, still not at a level so similar that they're comparable.

I saw some video by them a few months back with a centaur in it, I really thought it was shit, people tried to get me into them and evetually introduced me to Welcome Home. Welcome is pretty lovely track, some really great pinch harmonics backing up a great rhythm. The singers voice isn't a problem for me as he's falls somewhere between power metal and emo core vocals, both of which are styles i'm not adverse to. I do listen to them a lot but I might start to in the next few days.

Check out "Welcome Home" I think it was the single from their last album... you can probably find it on their page or a video of it on youtube. Thats one of the only songs I like by them but its actually a pretty great song. I think that song appeals to a lot of metal fans.

Welcome home is really good.

Having discovered the whole idea about their albums being based on "The Amoury Wars" series, which by the way I find really cool A. Because it's pretty original and B. Because I love comics as I'm a bit of a nerd, I'm actaully really getting into them.

faith no more? what?

i like good apollo. coheed is good live. but i can't really get into their earlier stuff.

Their singer sounds like a retarded german geddy lee impersonator and that 'welcome home' song sounded like 'come with me' by puff daddy, besides the totally awesome bridge that was like "WAN!!! MOOOOH! KEEES FOH YOOOOOOOU!!!" 3/10