Colin and Andy:what are you doing to your Guitars...

well maybe it's the input chain you should be looking at

Andy always bangs on about the crane song spider - and colin digs the api channel. These are big parts of the sound as far as I'm concerned - I know that doesnt help as the api is £2k and the spider is £5k! But seriously I saw one track where the only eq colin applied was a cut at 130 ish to eliminate the rumble

moin eike.
i think you're using way too much distortion, try recording with more layers but way less distortion, that makes it more brutal and !in your face", plus it fits better in the mix without clouding too much.

ansonsten

prost

Lasse

Talking about famous producers and preamps...

Does anyone know what Terry Date used when he di'd Pantera...was it Neve1073, Neve1081, API or something else?

blackcom said:
Talking about famous producers and preamps...

Does anyone know what Terry Date used when he di'd Pantera...was it Neve1073, Neve1081, API or something else?

never heard about this, he di'd what? guitars? bass?

Well, ok.....

Does anyone know what mic preamp Terry Date used when micing up the guitars for Vulgar and Far Beyond?

There ;)

Well,

I now can answer this one after 2 years myself :
After I bought my API pres, there it was:
volumewise I max out the Heads to make `em really sound "sticky",
and level the API`s pretty hot...

Just if anyone cares...:kickass:

best

eike

www.myspace.com/darkage404
www.myspace.com/eikefreese

Funny thing, 'couse right now (28.12.08) was the first time i saw your thread, heard the sample, and the first thing that came to my mind was amps are too quiet during recording. my ears must be improving, yay :headbang:

Well,

I now can answer this one after 2 years myself :
After I bought my API pres, there it was:
volumewise I max out the Heads to make `em really sound "sticky",
and level the API`s pretty hot...

Just if anyone cares...:kickass:

best

eike

www.myspace.com/darkage404
www.myspace.com/eikefreese

e9879c02.jpg