Colossus Library

Syle

Aug 29, 2007
Anyone know much about this sound library? My friend is lending me it for a while but I can't figure out how to utilize it in either Cubase LE or Sonar 4 or 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It's an add-on for Digidesign Structure. I don't think you can use it standalone.

Edit:
Oh, on second look, the version for Digidesign is a custom edition of EastWest's Colossus (a 30 GB standalone sample library with a sampler).

So, I think you have the version meant for Structure which isn't usable as standalone, as the normal edition of Colossus is a regular VST-instrument that can be added to a project just like any other VST-instrument.

yeah, there will be a sampler to load samples. with east west, its usally Kontak from Native Instruments.

So basically, you should add the VSTi (here it's kontakt) into the VST module of you host (cubase (press f11 i think), sonar, whatever). And trigger the different samples with midi signals. assign the output of a midi track to kontakt and you're done.

I bet it will sound awesome. Its their big new thing.

Have fun.

k, that is what seems to be the problem. thanks you two, i really appreciate it.

PS: i wonder how much this Kontakt program is? or should my friend have that lying around somewhere on disc?