COLOSSUS tops BLIND GUARDIAN?

No can't top Blind Guardian.:rolleyes:

Cool to hear this though, some homeboys.:kickass:

Now is this some trend going on to based songs on this series? I guess 40 + years of hobbit songs and ones based on Elric (though I can't get enough) has gotten pretty old at this point.
I'm thinking Ayreon should do a concept based on the Lantern Core, and that idea did not just come to me because of the movie. Just doesn't seem like there is enough out there based on comics. Com'om a Symphony X rock opera based on Aquaman...

Game of Thrones is an amazing show.

Well casted and well written. Every part has a purpose or a role in the story. Really got hooked on it! everyone should check it out if they havent already.

i would say Blind Guardian #1 ! to me hammerfall doesnt fit in with feeling the show has. little too cheesy :guh:

Now is this some trend going on to based songs on this series? I guess 40 + years of hobbit songs and ones based on Elric (though I can't get enough) has gotten pretty old at this point.
I'm thinking Ayreon should do a concept based on the Lantern Core, and that idea did not just come to me because of the movie. Just doesn't seem like there is enough out there based on comics. Com'om a Symphony X rock opera based on Aquaman...

COLOSSUS song was written over 2 years ago, so it has little do with the TV series and more about the books. As it goes with most of COLOSSUS material based on comics and books.

well, i guess you can make next year's list then eh? ;)

HAHA I really hope so, if there is one!

Actually to be fair, its not a trend. Our first (although very not known) album "Brothers of the Night" was done in 2007 and was practically all stories taken out of the first book. I think we did this before colossus and BG, honestly, haha

From our first CD, this is The Bloody Meadow. Its my fave from that record. Now if we could only re record it a little more serious version of it later on....But check out the chorus at around 2:50. that was our main goal on this cd since only the vocals and backing vocals were professionally recorded.

We had a completely different singer and the album is pretty much a 60/40 split of power metal and death metal all about that book. We were just starting as a band and we were no where near as serious as we are now.

Songs like "Watchers on the Walls", "The Bloody Meadow", "Winter Comes" and "Blackwater Rush" are some of the titles off of that.

We hope to re-record some of these songs later in time and do them better than when we did it.

But as far as the new material, Bryan (the vocalist on that first record) has helped us arrange a trilogy, lyrically, for this new one. We already have "After The Fall" and "The Fire Is Mine" rehearsed and ready to debut on our August tour. :) Pretty stoked on these new songs, they sound very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
No surprise that the Night's Watch has so many songs based on them. When that scene came up where they swear the oath, I got tears in my eyes.

Great, GREAT TV series, and uncommonly faithful to the books, too. :worship:

I'm glad that list included that WhiteNoiseLab guy's cover of the theme, too. I liked it so much, I snuck it into WREKage one night. :D