Coming back to Ft. Lauderdale, FL?

srosenblatt

Metal Matriarch
Feb 23, 2007
South Florida
metalmatriarch.com
Hey Symphony X!!

I have been a long-time follower and fan of your music...dating back at least 7 years. Quite a few years ago now, you had a show in the Culture Room in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. And more recently, you were on tour with Dream Theater and Megadeth for Gigantour (which was a bit of unexciting metal besides you guys and DT, in my opinion, I went for you) in West Palm Beach, FL. At the Gigantour show you guys were rained out. I doubt you remember, but a few people got together and started shouting "X! X! X!" and then "Main stage! Main stage!" and you guys came out and silenced us, thanking us. I started that chant with two of my friends. ;)

In any case, many of us down here have been SEVERELY deprived of Symphony X live performances! It seems like many prog bands recently have decided to skip Florida altogether, whilst a few midwestern states get a couple of shows. That is ultimately depressing to me, as Atlanta is still a 288$ plane ticket away if I end up having to fly up there -- not including hotel.

Will you be adding ANY Florida dates, X? St. Pete? Jacksonville? Orlando? or, best for me, Ft. Lauderdale????

Or, if not, I'm really curious to hear why not, because I'm at a loss. You DO have many fans down here! I always spread the music, and support the band.

A reply here is good, or you can e-mail me at showriter4@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance!

:kickass:

Sincerest regards,
Stephanie Rosenblatt

Yeah i was super disappointed when I found out that they weren't coming at all to florida, and the closest dang place is Atlanta... that's a 9 hour drive i think..

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, (and no I'm not accusing anyone of blaming the band) Your FL promoters suck. If nobody shows interest in promoting a show in the Sunshine state, the band isn't going to play there. Period. If you know, or have access to any of the promoters e-mail addresses, I suggest you voice your opinions to them. Don't blame the band, blame the people that handle your shows.

Hey, hold up. I'm not blaming the band at all. In all seriousness, it's obvious that Florida has one of the smaller prog fan bases out there. I see so many concerts held in the midwest, and to be honest when I saw Sonata Arctica a year ago in St. Petersburg, Florida, I figured they'd never be back because the place was pretty...roomy. Such is why I try to spread the music love. But I'm glad to see they're coming back.

I completely understand if Symphony X is not -- but it makes me depressed as hell because my chances of hitting up Atlanta are slim...and I LIVE for these concerts.

I'll try to find some emails of promoters somewhere. Thanks for the suggestion.