COMMUNIC: New Album Details Revealed

sh0kr0k

Jul 7, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.myspace.com
Straight from Blabbermouth, but thought ya'll would like to know :) \m/
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=92615

Norwegian progressive power metallers COMMUNIC will release their new album, "Payment Of Existence", on May 30 via Nuclear Blast Records.

Commented uitarist/vocalist Oddleif Stensland: "This time we believe that we have created our most diverse and heavy stuff ever, but it is still COMMUNIC all the way. It has been two years since the release of 'Waves...' and the energy from touring and live gigging has left a few marks on this new album. The production by Jacob Hansen is crisp and fresh, and takes our sound to a new level, while the artwork by Jan Yrlund just completes it all as it fits the theme and atmosphere of this album perfectly. 'Payment Of Existence' will be released on May 30th!"

"Payment Of Existence" (cover artwork) track listing:

01. On Ancient Ground
02. The Abandoned One
03. Becoming Of Man
04. Payment Of Existence
05. Through The Labyrinth Of Years
06. Raven's Cry
07. Unpredictables Of Life
08. Stone Carved Eyes

The band last year toured Europe as the support band for UK progressive metallers THRESHOLD. Also appearing on the bill were MACHINE MEN and SERENITY.

COMMUNIC's sophomore effort, "Waves of Visual Decay", entered the German chart at position No. 66 back in May 2006.

COMMUNIC has been confirmed for the Bloodstock Open Air festival, set to take place August 15-17 at Catton Hall in Derbyshire England.

Wicked!

These guys were my second favorite at last year's fest (behind Primal Fear).

Can't wait for the new album. I do hope it's more like their second album than their first, but whatever...I'm sure I'll love it whatever it is....even if it's Power Polka music. :)

I guess they filled their "awesome album art" quota with Waves of Visual Decay, which is why they had to make the cover for this one is so utterly ridiculous.

Communic = Awesome
The cover of this new album is "different".

EDIT - The earlier post which said "phenomenal" was pure sarcasm. :lol:

Well, so did waves :lol: but at least it was a cool concept.

I dunno, it looks kinda half-assed. The first two album covers were such better concepts. Just don't like it, but again i'm sure the metal on the record will slay.

Edit: just checked it again to refresh my memory and... yeah, it's pretty bad. :lol:

He didn't do either of their previous covers, so why wouldn't they go for someone who does a painting? lol

Conspiracy in Mind = Mattias Noren (i believe... please correct me if i'm wrong)
Waves of Visual Decay = name escapes me... Andrew something i think. he's the Nuclear Blast in-house artist and does a lot of very Noren inspired stuff.

hrm im pretty I remember at PPUSA him saying he drew both but fuck if I can remember and dont know where 2 look for proof

I love the artwork and agree with Claus that it fits the mood of Communic's music perfectly. Can't wait to get my hands on this one!!! Their set at PP8 was way too short for me!

Well, so did waves :lol: but at least it was a cool concept.

I dunno, it looks kinda half-assed. The first two album covers were such better concepts. Just don't like it, but again i'm sure the metal on the record will slay.

Edit: just checked it again to refresh my memory and... yeah, it's pretty bad. :lol:

It's reminiscent of one of my favorite albums of all time: A Farewell to Kings by Rush. I'm not saying the Communic cover is a dead ringer for Farewell. Something about it -- a person sitting in a chair amidst the rubble of a city -- reminds me of it.

I don't like the cover as well as their first two albums. But I'm sure the music is killer.

FarewelltoKings.jpg