computer and sound card

inestu

Silhouettes of Gravity
Mar 12, 2003
bilbao
inestu.iespana.es
I buy a computer because i want to star recording my stuff at home. With the computer i didn´t have problem because one of my friends help me, but he doesn´t knows nothing about sound card for recording or home studio. Can someone help me telling any model. I know some terratec motu, etc, but don´t know with one i can take. maybe at first because i don´t know to much i could take an easy one but not bad one, i mean i want to buy something that is good but not to expensive (money is nalways problem).
cheers

I recently bought a Terratec Phase 22 card - 2 line out, 2 line in, midi in + out, digital in+out - not expensive (about 130 euros), not difficult to handle and good quality

It's not a sound card topic, but my sister said she wants to buy (or rather wants me to buy) a proper antivirus program, a legal copy (for the first time in our pc program history, hehe), which one would you recommend/do you use that works well but not too complicated?

since i'm a proper jobless girl i wouldn't mind to find out the very basics of how to make a webpage (and how to change stuff on that) any tips for self learning websites or something?

Maqus said:
It's not a sound card topic, but my sister said she wants to buy (or rather wants me to buy) a proper antivirus program, a legal copy (for the first time in our pc program history, hehe), which one would you recommend/do you use that works well but not too complicated?
Norton have an integrated security package that many people seem to like. Service pack 2 for windows Xp is worth downloading also as its main theme is security

siderea said:
since i'm a proper jobless girl i wouldn't mind to find out the very basics of how to make a webpage (and how to change stuff on that) any tips for self learning websites or something?
this was recommended to me years back but i dont do web design

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/nontechintro/

now i'd like a steak sandwich, can someone do the necessary?? :err:

siderea said:

I'm teaching a distance learning course "Intro to Cultural Studies", you wanna take it? :D

Maqus said:
I'm teaching a distance learning course "Intro to Cultural Studies", you wanna take it? :D
kind of blackboard system?
will you give me a degree if i learn to know you our belgian culture this summer?

and it's very tempting to scan one juice steak and squize it in an envelope 'bambi - ireland' but hey, this scanner aint mine. and the blood... the blood.

1. soundcard: it really depends on what instrument you want to record. if it's a guitar or something like that, you can probably use any decent creative soundcard for less than 75 €. you just need proper software like steinberg cubase or such. but if you want to record drums or several instruments at the same time, you will need something much more expensive with at least 8 inputs (for drums that is) - maybe terratec phase 88 or an m-audio delta 1010LT (which is at 215€ atm).

2. anti-virus: no need to buy anything, there's proper free software around which does the same as any purchased product, and what's more, it doesn't use ridiculous amounts of resources, like norton or symantec. try http://www.free-av.com/ for an instance, it's free, it has auto-updates, it's fast.

3. websites: i know of a brilliant online book named SelfHTML, but where there should be the english pages (http://en.selfhtml.org/), only the german version shows up. but it might help, anyway.

siderea said:
will you give me a degree if i learn to know you our belgian culture this summer?

and it's very tempting to scan one juice steak and squize it in an envelope 'bambi - ireland' but hey, this scanner aint mine. and the blood... the blood.
Buy a George Foreman grill connect it to a spare usb port then install the software supplied with it.
You can then fax grilled fat reduced food to anyone in the world for free.

imagesnmmm.jpg

siderea said:

It's an e-course, I put the stuff together, and the students do it as part of their upgrading degree. They read the units and send me the assignments by e-mail. I'm supposed to read them now, to submit the grades today :/ That I'm not gonna do.

Intro to Belgian Culture, hmm, intriguing :) it's just that I have to focus on the British Isles as it's the English program.

Actually, I don't even know if you can learn Belgian Studies anywhere here, I think no. Dutch yes.