Concert Experience

CarrionLord

New Metal Member
Mar 24, 2013
Syracuse,NY
The concert experience, perhaps one of the most important aspects of the metal lifestyle. It is a gathering of many who seek out to hear their metal gods play live and meet others who share the same passion for the holy,unholy to some, music they adore.

What are you favorite elements of a live concert? How did seeing your first concert changed you? Favorite concert,experiences at concerts,etc?

My first concert was back in 2009. It wasn't a long time ago, but I'm pretty young. lol
Anyway, the first band I saw live was AC/DC, which will be always one of my favourite bands and a concert I'll never forget. Not only because it was my first concert, but because they are marvelous live. Perfect, really.

Then, I also went to a Scorpions concert, which was as awesome as AC/DC, but because it was supposed (glad it wasn't) to be their last tour, it was very very emotional. There were some 40 year old men crying during "When the smoke is going down".

Last year I went to my first festival, Rock In Rio Lisboa. The "Metal day" of the festival, as we call it, consisted in Sepultura/Les Tambours du Bronx, Mastodon, Evanescence (the only band that I felt that people didn't really care about) and Metallica.

There I was. The gates opened at 4 pm. I ran like hell, and stood on the front the whole time (I never left my place, even with all the mosh going on, which resulted in a much more intense experience and some bruises), and at 11 pm, METALLICA went on stage. They started with Hit The Lights. One of my favs. I actually tought I'd loose an arm or something like that, because after Hit The Lights they played Master Of Puppets.
I'm 1,55 m tall. Just imagine how it is like to be on the front in a Metallica concert when you're 1,55 m tall and Hit The Lights is the first song.
I'm just glad I'm a crazy as hell, or I'd probably be dead now.
It was a damn good concert. People often like to diss Metallica, but if you ask anyone who was there, they will tell you: they were perfect. The setlist consisted mainly in songs from The Black Album (celebrating the Black Album's 20th anniversary) but they also played songs from earlier albums.
I mean, just watch this [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR-DHDIhPT4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR-DHDIhPT4[/ame]
they even had to mute the audience in the video. It couldn't be a better show.

Iron Maiden will be the next band that I'll see live, this May. The "Maiden England Tour" is a recreation of the "7th Tour of a 7th Tour", so, it will be an outstanding concert, for sure.

The great thing about concerts, besides the concert itself, is the people that you meet. Metalheads are nice and simple people. We're all tough-looking but we're damn good people. I made some valuable friends on the few concerts I went to. And there's always someone sharing funny stories about something that happened during another show, or sharing an opinion about a certain band.
Like someone else said, it's like finding a bunch of long-lost brothers. :)

never been to a real concert before but I'm certainly looking forward to it.somebody I cared about brought me to my first real gig and it was special to me.it was just a bunch of unknown bands.they played some cover songs.the place was small but nobody cared.
I also met some metal heads,normal people,they are a bit crazy but which metal head isn't?I felt not a part of the crowd because I don't listen to the music as often as I'd like.
I am saving to go one day to any good metal concert or festival,hope it will be awesome

Concert experience.. is the best experience. I was at a CoB concert this thrusday, and it was just.. oh my god. I felt like a little girl that just got her favourite lollipop every second of the show, and it lasted a good hour and a half. Imagine being at your first concert of your life, seeing your favourite band, and getting to hear Kissing the Shadows, that is also your favourite song. It was just too perfect.

I used to go see a lot of gigs, in social centers, some various stylish clubs (hard to describe them), and of course in little bigger concert places. Usually gigs cost just about 5e and in some places you can drink your own drinks. Nowadays I mostly just play gigs with Unohdettu Tulevaisuus and of course watch when other bands play, but I don't go to see gigs so much anymore.

Hello there, i have big experience over the years ,but in recent times not visit many gigs.last been at queen with lambert this year yearly june ,have fantastic memories ,and meet very cool guys and some of my favorite musicians !!!