Condolences

scooterSST

Feb 3, 2004
Raleigh, NC
www.myspace.com
Former Division and Brave bassist Chris Welborn lost his father John yesterday. John had been battling Diabetes and a host of other ailments for years.

John was an ardent supporter of whatever musical endeavours Chris was involved in and an all around great man.

He will be missed

Funeral Services will be held tomorrow at 3:00PM at the MountCastle Funeral Home in Dale City, VA

Details are here

I first started playing in a band with Chris in 1987. Since neither of us could drive at that time, John drove us around everywhere we needed to go. He was the one that got us our first gigs, and made sure we had rides to get there. He convinced the owner of Amigo's Taco House to let metal bands play there on Saturday nights.

When I later started a band with Chris in the early 90s, the Welborn's allowed us to rehearse at their house. For close to two years, the band that would turn into Division (we had other names along the way) rehearsed there. Mike and Scott both had their auditions there. John was supportive of everything having to do with the band, and Chris' musical career. Without John's support in the very early days, Division would not exist.

I played many shows with Chris in the two bands that I've been in with him and John was at every show. When Chris joined Arise from Thorns/Brave, John was at every show.

I have great memories of John from when Chris and I were in our band in High School. But mainly I remember how much he supported everything his son did, or wanted to do. His love and support of Chris was unconditional.

RIP, John, and thanks for all the support you gave me personally through the years.