Confide - Recover. Anyone into?

setyouranchor

Celestial Recordings
May 17, 2010
North Wales, UK
What do you guys think of the album?

Production wise and musically?

The production seems a little different than Sturgis' other release to me. But that could just me. The clean vocals sound so awesome though.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I did do several searches and couldn't find anything

A couple friends of mine stayed with Trevor (bassist) for a week last month so I'll see if they found out anything the process.

Tom Denny (ex ADTR) helped write the cd, that's why it sounds a bit ADTR-esk. I think you already know sturgis did it. Pretty sure he posted something a while back about tuning snares and posted a clip of the mic'd confide snare so that makes me believe all drums were blended. Clean vocals sounds like they are quad tracked (dunno if they are just sounds like it) and that's why they have that really big full sound

Hope I helped a bit

I did all the vocal editing on this record. I can tell you that at some points there are more than 8 clean vocal layers on most parts. Joey did an awesome job on the mix!

i find it weird that that circle of bands that are friends write shit for eachother. like chris from tdwp helping writing adtrs album for example

i find it weird that that circle of bands that are friends write shit for eachother. like chris from tdwp helping writing adtrs album for example

hehe i told you that in that adtr thread a couple months back :p

but to be honest, there are tons and tons of bands like that, even if not other bands their producers do alot as well

and thanks for all the info Nick!

I did all the vocal editing on this record. I can tell you that at some points there are more than 8 clean vocal layers on most parts. Joey did an awesome job on the mix!

Damn! 8 clean vocals! It sounds so natural and just...mmm. Thanks for the info dude :)

I've never really tried layering clean vocals to that extent. I might give it a try at some point. Any tips?

Yeh, bands help each other out all the time. Like Bring Me The Horizon and Architects.

Not hi-jacking the thread but has anybody heard the new BMTH clip from the upcoming album?

^ yes, i can't wait for it haha

i knew bmth and architects had a similar kind of sound and were friends, but i didnt know they helped each other write.. i struggle enough to write my own shit let alone someone elses haha

Sounds good right? One of my friends who stayed with Trevor, did merch for Confide, Umbrella Clothing and Drop Dead (BMTH Clothing Line) for the whole of warped tour and he said he got to listen to the BMTH album. Said it blows Suicide Season and Count Your Blessings out the water.

I was also told (not by the same guy) that Josh, the singer from You Me At Six was on the new bmth album and Lights is also featuring on it!

True haha who produced that album? I think they recorded suicide season in Finland or Sweden and they've gone to the same place for the new record.

Terry Date is doing the new Architects album too... god damn!

Im really into this album. The production is great and the clean vocals i think make the record ahah. The cleans on "my choice of words" are amazing