Congrats to Johanne James (Threshold)

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
"Threshold drummer Johanne James has been named drummer of the year by The Classic Rock Society. The award was presented to him by the legendary Carl Palmer and CRS president Martin Hudson.

Threshold's new album will be released on March 23rd, 2007 through Nuclear Blast Records. The debut album by Kyrbgrinder fronted by Johanne James is due for release in January."

Congratulations to Johanne on this very well deserved recognition. He's one of my favorite drummers out there in the prog metal scene. Yesterday, I listened to some of the tracks on myspace Kyrbgrinder page, and it sounds awesome. Looking forward to meeting him in Atlanta. Cheers:kickass:

As someone who finds drum solos boring and doesn't really usually pay attention to the drummer outside of how the overall song sounds, I still found him to be pretty goshdarn phenomenal. Definitely deserved recognition. Looking forward to seeing him and all of Threshold in October!

Congrats to Johanne! He deserves it! Lot's of stuff is coming together for these guys lately. New album, signed with a new label, playing PP again, and now this! What's next?