contrast Dimension Zero/In Flames

Dimension Zero blast alot more than IF ever did(in fact it's pretty much all the drummer does). This makes alot of their songs sound samey despite some great riffs therein. Honestly its very different than old IF, maybe Upon an Oaken Throne is a good comparison, but even that song is considered slow by DZ's standards.

In short DZ are a decent listen every once in a while, but the constant blasting will certainly annoy. IF has always been a mid-paced band with much more of a focus on melody than DZ. But as VVVVV already said:

Old IF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DZ

although,

DZ > New IF

If you want something more like old IF I'd recommend Sentenced's "Amok" unless you have already heard it.

wow, I guess I'll be the odd one out and say that DZ are an awesome band. Theyre fun to listen to. They're pure death/thrash with awesome riffs (multiple per song, to keep it interesting) and yea, there are lots of blast beats, but since when is that a bad thing you fucking pussies? It's called extreme metal. Check out either of their studio albums, Silent Night Fever and This is Hell. I think theyre both very good albums, although I give the edge to SNF because of Glenn Ljungström (great riff writer).

compared to old In Flames, DZ is heavier, faster but a bit less melodic although theyre still very very melodic in the usual death/thrash sense.