converting addictive drum midis to SSD with ez pro player

hoehlentroll

Mar 15, 2007
Mannheim, Germany
-- issue solved --
step by step manual:
1. load ez player and SSD (not Addictive drums!)
2. do 1 midi track: input=ez player, out=kontakt
3. load the midi file in the ez player track one, you have to do this by assigning the path to the library in the upper half and then dragging it to track one.
4. assign the map wrap to ssd 3.5 (or whatever version you have)
-- beginn original post --

I have some songs with programmed drums saved as cubase projct files. the drums were programmed with addictive drums. when I export the midi data and copy it in another project with SSD drums the different hits are wrong (quite logic I'd say). how can I convert that easily? Can I use ez pro player for that?

Got the same problem.
I usually do it transposing all notes with the select/pencil tool.

I know there are smart people that created converters and remappers, but I didn't find any to convert from AD to SSD.

I would appreciate a solution.

the strategy i'm using right now is a pain in the ass!
I open every project in cubase and set the in and outs right (new soundcard). then I load addictive drums to vsti and set the drum map in the midi track to SSD. I judge by ear which sound corresponds to which part of the kit and drag the whole line of dots to the right spot. then I load SSD to check, if I did it right! doing this right now on about 20 projocts really sucks!

As far as I know SSD uses almost the same drum mapping as Toontrack Superior 2.0 so you can easily convert your AD midi files to S2.0 mapping using EZ Player Pro (and they will work with SSD then).
I did it in the past and it worked for me quite well.

I figured it out and I know my mistake. step by step with cubase
1. load ez player and SSD (not Addictive drums!)
2. do 1 midi track: input=ez player, out=kontakt
3. load the midi file in the ez player track one, you have to do this by assigning the path to the library in the upper half and then dragging it to track one. (my mistake was loading the midi file into the miditrack in cubase!)
4. assign the map wrap to ssd 3.5 (or whatever version you have)

this works only for the most kit parts. some special stuff isn't converted correctly. sadly this makes it unusable for me. but maybe it's working for someone.
also this maybe possible with the free version of ez player. if someone can proof this correct please tell us all :)

thanks anyone for giving some hints