Cool Sabbath cover album by Rondellus

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I've meant to post this here before, but have forgotten. A couple of years ago I bought the below CD....it's awesome! A full album of covers of Sabbath songs played with 14th century instruments. All the lyrics are in Latin. Veeeeery cool. Good song choice too. I still throw this in every couple of months.

It's perfect for you metal fans who are also Dead Can Dance fans (Soundmaster, Kitty....etc.)

Rondellus - Sabbatum

Listen to sound samples here:

http://www.sabbatum.com/sound

Very interested to hear what some of you think of this....

I have that album since it came out. It's one of the BEST cover albums ever made. I recall having discussions in a previous forum with a guy from Canada since he thought the Latin translation was badly made...like if I care! The music construction upon Sabbath themes is beautiful, the vocals and arrangements are superb, and the choice of songs is highly adequate.
My faves are 'Verres Militares', 'Solitudo', 'Via Gravis' and the astounding 'Architectus Urbis Caelestis'.

I recorded it on a tape along with The String Quartet tribute to Black Sabbath, another highly recommended album which makes a perfect blend in a 90 min tape :D

NP: Helloween - 'Pleasure Drone'

I agree on the best covers ever comment. It really is fantastic. Maybe I did bring this up before because there is something deja vu-ish about your answer. Hmmm.

Hawk said:
This I have to hear!! Gonna see if I can dig it up somewere

If not you know where to get it ;)

NP: Roine Stolt - 'Sex Kills'

From what I heard it looks like one of the few tribute albums that actually make sense
icon14.gif

Fangface said:
From what I heard it looks like one of the few tribute albums that actually make sense
icon14.gif

Makes a lot of sense especially if you're a BS fan, you love the classic era, you have a taste for prog rock or alternative metal sub-genres and you can think outside the box.

I got a co-worker who once entered the office while I was playing it and he loved, and trust me he doesn't even know who Black Sabbath is :yell:

NP: Cathedral - 'The Garden'