this sounds interesting...

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder

Mar 26: The Latin Black Sabbath

An obscure cover band has arisen, something to rival the Finnish Apocalyptica…

From Estonia come Rondellus and they have recorded a disc of Black Sabbath covers called ‘Sabbatum’.

The band have described their sound as such, "Can You imagine what Black Sabbath would have sounded like if Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward would have formed the band in the 14th century? Would 'War Pigs' or 'The Wizard' have been as powerful if played on medieval instruments like lute, fiddle and harp? ‘Sabbatum’ is an amazing collection of Black Sabbath tunes played on medieval instruments and sung in Latin language.”

I gotta hear some of those! :headbang: :D

That sounds awesome :eek:

I've got a 'new' Sabbath tribute from WWIII records, and damn if the first band doesn't have Ozzy incarnate (yeah, I know he's not dead - yet;)) on vox :eek:

They hired a dyslexic hobo with a leather tounge to cringe, moan and whine on an album? :confused:
My lord.. :eek:

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg

Mar 26: The Latin Black Sabbath

An obscure cover band has arisen, something to rival the Finnish Apocalyptica…

From Estonia come Rondellus and they have recorded a disc of Black Sabbath covers called ‘Sabbatum’.

The band have described their sound as such, "Can You imagine what Black Sabbath would have sounded like if Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward would have formed the band in the 14th century? Would 'War Pigs' or 'The Wizard' have been as powerful if played on medieval instruments like lute, fiddle and harp? ‘Sabbatum’ is an amazing collection of Black Sabbath tunes played on medieval instruments and sung in Latin language.”

I gotta hear some of those! :headbang: :D

You'd have to really like medieval music to appreciate this. And I mean REALLY like it.
I have a review of this album here:
http://www.geocities.com/loudster/reviews.htm#rondellus