Coolest RJD tribute of them all...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
I'm a huge fan of Aska, primarily because of George Call's vocals. He lent his vocals to the latest Banshee disc. The final track on the disc is a tribute to RJD. I love the song, the lyrics and the vocals.

It's worth noting, if you're not familiar with George's vocals, he doesn't actually sound like Dio on anything else he's recorded, which makes the tribute all the better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never heard Aska until now. Heard of them plenty, just never checked them out.

That song was awesome. I'm checking out more of thier stuff now.

Thanks for the post! This really is killer!:headbang::kickass:

Glad you're diging it. If you want to check out Aska, than my recommendation would be simple: Avenger. It's hands down their best disc. The opening track slays...

The vocals at the 3:35 - 4:15 mark is just flawless.

George is one of the best vocalist around today and one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet. Aska is from Dallas and i had never heard of them until of all Places Kunsan Korea they played a USO show at Kunsan AFB, and blew the frigging roof off, the place was packed. I understand from talking with George they have done many USO tours and are extremely popular with the Military Crowd. I know they are popular at Ft Bliss, they pack the shows here.

Here he sounds alot like RJD in certain parts

This song gives an idea of the vocal range of George Call. I mean damn, I have always wondered why they have never played eithe the Wed Night or thursday night or even Friday or Sat at PP.

Cool sounding stuff guys! I explored Aska once before, but I think they just got lost in the shuffle of my endless searches. Anyway, now I'm going to go back to give them some time.

~Brian~