Wendy Dio slams Jorn...

There are always many dimensions to things like this. I am neither condoning, nor condemning Wendy Dio. There are probably many details we don't know about between Wendy and Jorn. I will chalk it up as they don't see eye to eye on some stuff.

Bryant

my issue is why has it taken a freaking year for her to NOW decide she didn;t like the tribute Jorn did?

I wouldn't go so far as to be insulting toward Wendy, knowing that she lost her husband and love just a year ago. I mean, I can see why she'd be upset. That being said, of course it's strange to see her reaction, knowing that Disciples of Dio will be on tour soon.

But really, who am I to judge? If my husband died, I'd probably be saying all kinds of wacky things.

So it's ok to whore out tacky as hell Dio stuff in troves and spam it out n FB but its not ok for Jorn to do a Dio tribute album? My only issue with Jorns album was the accidentally poor timing of its release.

i wish she'd shut up.

knowing that she lost her husband and love just a year ago.

Apparently, not so much. From the same Blabbermouth/Roadiecrew interview:

On whether she believes that those accusations [of cashing in on Ronnie's death] are rooted in the fact that she and Ronnie were not involved as a couple for a number of years prior to his passing:

Wendy Dio: "Maybe. But in any relationships there are ups and downs. You part, and you go back. Then you part and you go back. Ronnie and I married in 1974. It's a long time to be together with somebody who is a musician.

Neil

Yeah, she was just his manager for several years toward the end, according to Ronnie in several books.

At various points he also claimed he didn't have any children. Nevermind a Padovana weatherman in upstate New York I guess.

Wendy and Ronnie never had children together but Ronnie adopted a son before, his name is Daniel I think, he spoke at Ronnie's funeral if I remember well, advising people to get regular checkups with their physician to help diagnosise cancer early, unlike Dio's case.

I'm not sure what you mean here. You don't collect royalties BEFORE the fact. Royalties are collected AFTER a sale. Otherwise it's an advance fee. Legally speaking, yes the copyright owner is entitled to a certain % of every CD/song sold since the intellectual property is not Jorn's or whoever did the tribute. If Wendy has the intellectual property to the tunes, then she gets a % of those sales. That being said, we're talking about what? $2,000? It's probably not much at all because she's only making a few cents on every sale and artists don't get paid royalties until the label has recouped all the costs involved in making the record. And of course, this is assuming the label is allocating and paying royalties. This is metal, the genre of music where many labels don't even pay royalties to their actual acts, let alone to a third party. ;)

No you don't need to sign a contract to cover another band. There are royalty collection services (in the US it's Harryfox, in Germany it's GEMA) that set the standard for these things that all artists must obey.

It's not a "deal," and there's not a whole lot of money for her to be made here. She probably sees more money on royalties directly earned from DIO album sales.

Damn, man...just let it go...

You really like to hear yourself type, don't you?

Damn, man...just let it go...

You really like to hear yourself type, don't you?

We're all very much swayed by your logical and well-thought out argument. I for one, am totally convinced that, based on the content of your post, you are an educated, patient and thoughtful gentleman, whose knowledge of the subject matter is nigh insurpassable. From what font of knowledge did you drink?