Corey Eves appreciation thread!

The Apparition

Porpoise McSalamander
Dec 22, 2004
Sydney
After our mini tour with Anarion and a couple of great shows with Evergrey the time has come to bid farewell to our good friend Corey Eves who stepped in on bass at the last minute. If it wasn't for Corey we wouldn't have been able to play any of the gigs we had booked since Chris Griffins sudden departure in March.

It really has been awesome having Corey back in the band after all this time(in case you were unaware Corey was our original bassist before Chris). Your great presence on stage (and off!) will be missed and we wish you the best of luck with your current bands, Inslain and Manic Deception.

We are also looking forward to taking the stage again towards the end of this year with our new bassist Nathaniel Smith. We will be taking a few months break from playing live (unless anything out of the ordinary comes up, international supports etc) to work on new material for our follow up album to The Last Horizon which we hope to release early to mid 2008.

Actually i think i know what's going on now. 'tis all good! If a "few" still equals about 3 then my statement is still correct.

Definately a massive thank you to Corey for everything he has done with/for TM over the last few months.He has indeed saved the day and not only allowed the band to play the already confirmed shows but learnt a couple of new tracks for EVERGREY that aren't all that easy too in relatively short time as of course also playing with 2 other acts!
I have total respect for Corey and wish him all the best.He is a champion guy and made touring life easier with his attitude and professionalism and perhaps even more fun as well.We will always keep in touch and help support Corey in any ways we can.
A :kickass: to you my friend!!! And i think you ordered a triple JD on the rocks?:)
p.s.Bring on Nathaniel.:)

A couple months ago he did, but his other two bands were keeping him busy (both doing some really cool stuff too) so it just wasn't gonna happen unfortunately. :(

On the upside, our new bassist Nat is an absolutely great musician (maad keyboardist and guitarist), a great guy, and we look forward to many years of recording and playing with him

If Nat can windmill while playing and remind you to tell people you have freaking cds/merch for sale when you announce the last song or say cheers after the final songis palyed, he will be an apt replacement ;)

Corey was indeed asked to rejoin. Without getting too wanky and over the top the minute he walked back into the rehearsal room(the same day Chris left!) we felt like a band again and that something had been missing since he left. I suppose most of the time your together you aren't on stage so getting along with someone besides when your playing music is just as important.

On a positive note Nat is a great guy, likes to drink a hell of alot and is a great bassist and worthy replacement for Corey.