Cormorant - Dwellings full album stream at NPR (proggy melodeath)

johnfrank1970

Jan 10, 2002
Madison, WI
welcome.to
http://www.npr.org/2011/11/27/142660701/first-listen-cormorant-dwellings

Melodeath with some proggy leanings.

My blurb for their previous album:

29. Cormorant – Metazoa

Cormorant plays an enjoyable blend of traditional metal, folky touches, atmosphere, and classic melodeath. Their warm sound and epic, sprawling songs at times also remind me of bands like Hammers of Misfortune and Slough Feg. I suppose there is a bit of the Opeth sound as well, but Metazoa is much more engaging for me than any offering from the far more well-known Pitchfork faves. As an additional bonus, Cormorant easily has the most enjoyable Facebook updates from any band.

Yeah Cormorant are awesome.

Alright now I'm convinced that you're a 235-er, AS...I mean, you love Lykathea Aflame, you still appreciate Winds of Creation, and you know Arthur from Cormorant. What's your handle over there? I was hamco123. I haven't posted there in a long while (actually I did for the first time in years yesterday, but still). I attribute that board for getting me into metal, and I'm glad it did!!!

Yeah Cormorant are awesome.

Alright now I'm convinced that you're a 235-er, AS...I mean, you love Lykathea Aflame, you still appreciate Winds of Creation, and you know Arthur from Cormorant. What's your handle over there? I was hamco123. I haven't posted there in a long while (actually I did for the first time in years yesterday, but still). I attribute that board for getting me into metal, and I'm glad it did!!!

Uhhhh I wish I knew what you were talking about buddy! I do love all of those things though!

235 is the worst metal board in the history of the internet. That is literally the only board where I have ever created a dedicated troll account....and I had to delete it because everyone there is so unfun and anal about everything.

But, it helped me a lot when I first started getting in to metal!

GameFAQs metal board. Yeah, it pretty much sucks. It's probably because the vast majority of posters are 16 years old or less and are just learning how to be kvlt and elitist. I did get into metal because of that board...

...but it took me awhile before I realized you don't have to be a dick about music and just like what you like.

But some of the things you post about were big fads on that board like 5 or more years ago, so I thought you were just another product of that board like I am.

235 is the worst metal board in the history of the internet. That is literally the only board where I have ever created a dedicated troll account....and I had to delete it because everyone there is so unfun and anal about everything.

But, it helped me a lot when I first started getting in to metal!

Worse than the Archives board you say?!!!

But some of the things you post about were big fads on that board like 5 or more years ago, so I thought you were just another product of that board like I am.

Noap. In addition to all of those things I also listen to Skrillex, Asking Alexandria, A Day To Remember, etc etc and I hate no fun clubbing internet metal nerds. I would not have fit well on there. Didn't even know GameFaQs had a metal board. I use them for walkthroughs on occasion.