coroner

ALL OF THEM!

"R.I.P" has the incredibles 'Nosferatu', 'Fried Alive' and 'Totentanz'. "No More Color" has the awsomes 'Read My Scars', 'Die By My Hand', 'Last Entertainment (TV bizarre)'. "Mental Vortex" is the best with 'Pale Sister', 'Sirens', 'Son of Lilith', 'I Want You (she's so heavy)'. "Grin" is pretty interesting, the band went more prog and deliver stuff like 'Host', 'Grin', 'Serpent Moves'. Finally "Coroner" is a must be for a completist with unreleased songs like 'Der Mussolini', 'Golden Cashmere Sleeper parts 1 and 2', 'Shifter', 'Gliding Above While Being Below'.

If there's a band I would sell my soul to see them reunited and making albums is Coroner:worship:

Mental Vortex to me is their crowned glory, but that was a very good band that made a lot of music for three members. They don't have a "bad" release. They were ahead of their time vocally and some people could't handle the vocals style or they probably would have been much bigger. The quality of the music they released was top notch.

Bryant

No More Color and Mental Vortex are my favorites, but there are no bad albums....so get ALL!

You won't be disappointed with whatever Coroner album you get. They definitely were ahead of their time!! One guy mentioned the Coroner album..I like that album too, because it wasn't a normal compilation album. I like the last stuff they did on that: with the jazzy bits in the instrumentals.

I say get No More Color next. Fucking classic. Punishment For Decadance and No More Color are definately their best albums. I'd get their debut,"R.I.P." after that, THEN Mental Vortex. I know this is gonna cause some backlash, but i really find Mental Vortex to be overrated. It's really boring at times, alot of the songs could use big time trimming, they play technical and complex for the sheer sake of it, and most of the riffs are watered down. Not that the whole album is bad, it's not, but i find it a bit blah. Get No More Color.

Wicked Child said:
I say get No More Color next. Fucking classic. Punishment For Decadance and No More Color are definately their best albums. I'd get their debut,"R.I.P." after that, THEN Mental Vortex. I know this is gonna cause some backlash, but i really find Mental Vortex to be overrated. It's really boring at times, alot of the songs could use big time trimming, they play technical and complex for the sheer sake of it, and most of the riffs are watered down. Not that the whole album is bad, it's not, but i find it a bit blah. Get No More Color.

WICKED havnt seen you in ages I was about to make one of those "Where the Fuck is....." Threads for ya :p ...... So I started out with the Wrong Cororner huh? hmmmm

JonnyD said:
WICKED havnt seen you in ages I was about to make one of those "Where the Fuck is....." Threads for ya :p ...... So I started out with the Wrong Cororner huh? hmmmm
Yeh, i've been a busy boy as of late. School (particularly my radio class) has been taking up whatever free time i may have, also girls. Gotta love them girls. So, i really haven't had the time to get online. That, and UM has just been going downhill. You people are great, i love this particular forum and just about everyone who visits it, but there haven't been many interesting(for me, anyway) topics ANYWHERE lately, and this site is beginning to be flooded with assholes, so it takes the fun out of it.

And as for Coroner, Mental Vortex isn't BAD, per se, but i do think it's one of their weakest. It got boring for me fast. If you want the technical and complex intensity of Mental Vortex, but in shorter, sweeter, more direct and more interesting songs, my friend, go for No More Color.

Wicked Child said:
Yeh, i've been a busy boy as of late. School (particularly my radio class) has been taking up whatever free time i may have, also girls. Gotta love them girls. So, i really haven't had the time to get online. That, and UM has just been going downhill. You people are great, i love this particular forum and just about everyone who visits it, but there haven't been many interesting(for me, anyway) topics ANYWHERE lately, and this site is beginning to be flooded with assholes, so it takes the fun out of it.

And as for Coroner, Mental Vortex isn't BAD, per se, but i do think it's one of their weakest. It got boring for me fast. If you want the technical and complex intensity of Mental Vortex, but in shorter, sweeter, more direct and more interesting songs, my friend, go for No More Color.

Wicked my friend I understand completely we gotta get on the AIM and chat one of these nights catch up on shit :D Oh shit I gotta pm you .....