Timid, Lurid Raven
May 16, 2006
Hell on Earth
furnation.com
deliverance.jpg

Artist: Corrosion of Conformity
Album: Deliverance
Release Date: 1994

COC Released their first major album "Blind" in 1992, but this album is what completely transformed their sound into a unique blend of stoner rock and metal.

The album features a mix of many different sounds -emotional ballads such as "Seven Days" and "Albatross", groove-heavy riffage such as "Broken Man" and Senior Limpio", artistic instrumentals such as "Mano de Mono" and "Without Wings", and an epic closer, "Pearls Before Swine".

This album features some of the heaviest music of its time, ringing true to Sabbath and keeping its own immense originality. This is a classic album not to be missed for lovers of stoner rock/metal.

1.Heaven's Not Overflowing -4/5
2.Albatross -5/5
3.Clean My Wounds -4/5
4.Without Wings -5/5
5.Broken Man -5/5
6.Senor Limpio -5/5
7.Mano de Mono -5/5
8. Seven Days -5/5
9. # 2121313 -5/5
10. My Grain -4/5
11.Deliverance -5/5
12.Shake Like You -5/5
13.Shelter -5/5
14.Pearls Before Swine -5/5

I loved this album, and even after all these years it still gets repeated listens from me. Being from the south, I do enjoy the mix of metal and southern rock.

The guy doing my tattoo last month was telling me CoC is one of his favourite bands. I have a bunch of their albums including Deliverance but only listened to them a few times. I went home that night and threw this on and really enjoyed it. Its not my favourite style of metal, but the thick chuggin' riffs are infectious. Pepper has a wicked voice too.

Did they split or just on hiatus?