Corrosion of Conformity - In the Arms of God

Kreator/Destroyer

The Lovecraftian Batman
Jun 2, 2006
Your imagination, of course!
Corrosion of Conformity has produced, in my opinion, a good solid album with In the Arms of God. The intro to the album (the solo before Stonebreakers) is a great blues-based solo and then Stonebreakers kicks in with the heavy intro riff and the album takes off from there. Paranoid Opioid is up next and is a great compliment to Stonebreakers and keeps the heavy edge of the album and then after a few songs rise river rise comes on and it is definitely a song worth listening to. Never turns to more is an 8 minute long song that isn't as heavy as the other song over 6 minute title track but never turns to more is still a good song. Infinite war is another great song that focuses on drums for the intro and Backslider is also a great stoner song. After the 4 minute world on fire is crown of thorns. Crown of thorns is the one song on the album where you can picture the boys of CoC sitting around a bong. In the Arms of God is a great closing song to the album with the menacing intro that leads up to a headbanger friendly verse riff that sounds like the riff from Du Hast by Rammstein. The song is about 7 minutes long and has a great breakdown. The instrumentation of the album and the arrangements are what i like most. The vocals are also good on Pepper Keenan's part but the guitar of Woody Weatherman and drums of Reed Mullin are a large part of the album. I recommend this album to anyone who likes some good stoner metal/rock, is a CoC fan, or wants to add a new album to add to their collection. There is one problem though. On the album each song is basically structured the same way and can get kinda boring as Stonebreaker and Paranoid Opioid (though they are great songs) sound as if they can be one song. This is my first review so it probably isn't that great but i hope it persuades someone to buy the album. :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :headbang: :Smokin: which translates to an 8.8/10