Cosmic Genesis cover

odemarken

New Metal Member
Jun 14, 2005
Hi there all Vintersorg fans! (I used to post a little on this forum, but that was.. oh my - about three years ago. No idea why I didn't return here earlier... but lets get to the point :D )
I have a question to mr V (or anyone knowing something on that matter xP ):
what is the symbol used on the cover of Cosmic Genesis, what is it's origin and meaning - or is it your invention? Does it symbolise harmony of nature or something similiar? The only thing I know is that I like the looks of it :rofl:

odemarken said:
Hi there all Vintersorg fans! (I used to post a little on this forum, but that was.. oh my - about three years ago. No idea why I didn't return here earlier... but lets get to the point :D )
I have a question to mr V (or anyone knowing something on that matter xP ):
what is the symbol used on the cover of Cosmic Genesis, what is it's origin and meaning - or is it your invention? Does it symbolise harmony of nature or something similiar? The only thing I know is that I like the looks of it :rofl:

Yeah, well this isn't exactly the first time we've had this question here, is it? To save Mr. V from typing a few lines on his keyboard, I urge you to visit my page www.itrollskogens.tk. Here's a directlink to the FAQ where you will find the answer to your question - http://wixx.org/~hebbe/Trollskogen/faq.htm

If you look at it carefully you'll notice that there are actually 22 pieces that are broadened on one end and curved on the other. :)
11 broadened ends are joined in the middle of the symbol and then the remaining 11 were added and joined to the curved ends. Or was this a secret? :p

Horz said:
If you look at it carefully you'll notice that there are actually 22 pieces that are broadened on one end and curved on the other. :)
11 broadened ends are joined in the middle of the symbol and then the remaining 11 were added and joined to the curved ends. Or was this a secret? :p

Actually, I don't think that the number of circles or numbers of anything matters when it comes to this symbol. It's just a good-looking symbol made by V - something that stands for the band.

Yes, I know, I was just implying that the stucture of the simbol is made of 22 equal parts. :)

As for the symbol itself, i don't know if number eleven has any meaning.
If any of you are familiar with Therion, you know that Therion uses a 11-pointed star as a symbol. That star represents the Black Sun.

Horz said:
Yes, I know, I was just implying that the stucture of the simbol is made of 22 equal parts. :)

As for the symbol itself, i don't know if number eleven has any meaning.
If any of you are familiar with Therion, you know that Therion uses a 11-pointed star as a symbol. That star represents the Black Sun.

Numer 11 does have a meaning - it's an age. :loco:

I am not familiar with Therion, but my right arm is...
heb7.jpg

Nice... An eleven-hour clock, right? Now that's... original ;) As for the symbol... well, I got used to not always being able to follow mr V and his thoughts ;) but I know what I wanted to - that it doesn't stand for anything other than the band.

Oh, i didn't mean "circle" but "pair of compasses" (It's called "Zirkel" in German, that's why I mixed things up...). You know, that drawing instrument with the two long legs XD

Thidrek said:
Oh, i didn't mean "circle" but "pair of compasses" (It's called "Zirkel" in German, that's why I mixed things up...). You know, that drawing instrument with the two long legs XD

Ah, so now that first sentence makes sense. I didn't understand what you were aiming at - but now I think I can see the traces from the eraser. :)