Viking symbols

Vintersägen

Reaching the infinity
Feb 8, 2003
Alpha Centauri
Visit site
I'm new on the scadinavian culture and i think you can help me with a doubt. I've saw a symbol thata is called a Trollcross in a Vintersorg's picture and in the cover of Cosmic Genesis(of course), and i wanna know... What this symbol means?

I think I've answer this several time before. The symbol is one that I've invented myself and it symbolizes Vintersorg(music and lyrics)and it's meaning progress as the music and lyrics develop, so it has no static meaning at all, and isn't a Viking or a norse symbol, it's the symbol of Vintersorg.

mr V

Oh, sorry i didn't reallized that before... I was thinking that because all the times i've seen this symbol(by the way, it's an awsome symbol) it was in something viking-related. Well, sorry about my ignorance and thanks to you all that have helped me with that.

No ignorance it were just your thoughts

to show some viking symbols:
Mjolnir, or the hammer of Thor. The god thor got it from the Dwarves. Whenever he throws it to the head of a giant it comes back.
mjolnir.jpg

Valknut I give a explanation later/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Astar-Valknut.jpg

valknut:Also called "The Knot of the Slain". Three interlaced triangles is used as the symbol of Odhinn. Some times three interlaced drinking horns are used in the place of the triangles. There are several variations on the basic form. It symbolizes the power of Odhinn to bind and unbind the soul.

There also is the sunweel I guess:)

Aggressor said:
The "Suncross" is the most commonly used symbol of Odin's power...

I agree with u, it appears on the back cover of the Bathory's HammerHeart album for example.

The only problem is that this symbol was also taken by the right wing extremists and fascisms, but that s another debat...

Vintersorg said:
I think I've answer this several time before. The symbol is one that I've invented myself and it symbolizes Vintersorg(music and lyrics)and it's meaning progress as the music and lyrics develop, so it has no static meaning at all, and isn't a Viking or a norse symbol, it's the symbol of Vintersorg.

mr V

I am curious if you welded this symbol or just made it look as though you did, whatever the means... the outcome is great!!!

Hmm, well, basically everything from that past time can be taken as a symbol, which holds a certain symbolic or religious value to us nowadays. The question is though, how much it meant back then...

I've heard that Viking symbol of immortality is a dagger with spider legs. Does anyone know if that is true and where to find pictures of it? What rune represents it? Does anyone know where i can find pictures of Nidhoggr and if he had a symbol or a rune? Thanx a lot!!