Thoughts about Vintersorg

Originally posted by bilos
He wrote that Vintersorg is not talented and he has no luck to suceed

*follows in Morganas path and fall off his chair* the man has no musical ear if he said that.....none.....whatsoever. To say VIntersorg has no talent is just blatant idiocy, even if you dont prefer the music or album, to say the man has no talent is blasphemy

Originally posted by bilos
He wrote that Vintersorg is not talented and he has no luck to suceed.Of course in my opinion the music of Vintersorg is just great!

To steal a quote from someone very funny:

"The prosecution laughs heartily, your honor." :lol:

I'm what you would call a part-time Vintersorg fan ;)

I didn't know about him until I was asked to look into hosting his forum. I grabbed a few sound files, was intrigued, and then bought Cosmic Genesis. I love it! But, I don't listen to him very often.

I did buy the new Borknagar just because he's on it, tho :) His voice is one of the best out there, IMO - unique doesn't really do it justice. :)

My ex boyfriend is responsible for leading me into listening to Vintersorg. I listened to metal prior to that as well, but not Vintersorg, apparently. I think Vintersorg is a superb song-writer, and lyrics-wise I much prefer his Swedish songs to his English ones. It's a little sad, to me, that everyone are so desperate to see them translated. I can see why one would want to understand them, but the kind of Swedish that he uses for his lyrics is not your every day type of language. It's sort of archaic Swedish (although not really OLD archaic Swedish, rather a form of expression lost in today's 'realistic' world), or a poetic form, if you so wish. It makes it absolutely beautiful, but also makes it absolutely impossible to translate without losing the essense of its perfection and beauty.

While I love Cosmic Genesis, I can see how someone may not. It takes a few listens to get into. I think Vintersorg over all takes more than one or two times of listening to fully appreciate... and I think the English lyrics, while well written, lack the essence of his other songs. They sort of fall flat, when you really sit down and scrutinise them. Especially in comparance to his earlier albums. I mean, just the number of different words he uses for the movement of water...

Final_Vision@ naughty trolls go everywhere ;)
Morgana@ hehe i am talking muuuuch... just like Final_Vision
winter-frost@ not really :(....but who knows maybe i will do sth about it someday..my mind is elsewhere :rolleyes: (solefald,tenhi,fleurety,the madderz)

I talk much to much............and much more than that! Just like mel, shes catching up to me........Im gonna go elsewhere and create my own personal NP thread and just post what I listen to for 12 straight hours, every damn song, than I shall rule UM! :D

Final_Vision: Who sadly has not heard of ANY of those bands mentioned by ms troll herself :cry:

Originally posted by tenebrose
I think Vintersorg is a superb song-writer, and lyrics-wise I much prefer his Swedish songs to his English ones. It's a little sad, to me, that everyone are so desperate to see them translated.

/me heartily agrees.

I'm not even that motivated to figure out what he's saying. It's somewhat fun to try to figure it out from the tiny bit of German I know, but not too motivated. Now, figuring out the pronounciation rules just by listening to the albums (and Otyg), that's fun.

back in the box...