Cough on The Moor

well, after listening to it, it turns ou to be very minimal. Check out Ulver's Kveldssanger, you can hear them breathing in and out up to the detail.

its funny, even to this day i have yet to hear it, im sure its cuz i dont have the original

Umm, are you sure it was removed from the reissue? To my knowledge none of the Opeth albums have ever been remastered when they were reissued. In other words, they should all sound exactly the same no matter which release you have of any given album.

But maybe I've missed something.

If the reissue was in fact remasterd (which I doubt) they probably would of taken out all of the dropouts that Mike mentions in the FAQ.

IMO thats more annoying than a cough.

I'm sure it was removed from the reissue, because I have the reissue, and I listened to the beginning of The Moor on full volume 5 times, and there is no cough.

KeithRT99 said:
how do i know if my copy is a new one or reissue? i have a digipack version i bought a few years ago

Check the discography section of the site. They have pictures of what originals and reissue CDs look like.

But I'll save you the time:

Original:
label_org.jpg

Reissue:
label_reissue.jpg

Just to be clear, this cough is very obscure. It's not like someone just coughs out loud in the middle of the song or something. I do have the original version and I have never heard or noticed it either. Unless your version also has the stereo dropouts fixed (which if they had reissued the album they surely would have done) then you really do not have any kind of remaster.

I don't know what the exact time for the cough is. If you search for "the moor cough" you find a bunch of threads about it but most people don't even seem to agree on where it is exactly. Some say 10:09 or but that sounds more like an intentional whisper.

I've heard it even on an mp3, I don't recall anymore where it was, around 3-5 minutes on the left speaker or something? The one around 10 minutes is definatly Mikael, probably whispering 'Melinda...'.