Still Life cough???

Mayh

Who's that Melinda person
Oct 3, 2001
On the official Opeth site Mikael mentions some cough that is supposed to be on The moor, I was wondering if anyone has heard it??

Some people say they have heard something (WHERE usually varies)
I haven't heard anything, nor do I listen for it.
I am still happy and sane ;)

My main goal for the next, weeks or months, shall be to locate this cough, my life is kind of empty these days :loco: and most likely my head too

Originally posted by Mayh
My main goal for the next, weeks or months, shall be to locate this cough, my life is kind of empty these days :loco: and most likely my head too

Your life will never be empty as long as you have Opeth!

The part I think he is referring to is right before "She is waterdrops over the pyre...", it is during the clean rendition of that riff, you can easily hear a noise, which sounds more like a sigh to me than a cough. If you can't hear it, you must be insane!

Originally posted by SentencedToBurn
i believe the time of the cough is 10:09 or something like that so listen for it.

That's definitely not a cough. It's more of a sigh, a "breathing-in," a repose, an audible phrasing that happens to suit the music. It's akerfeltd, definitely not some creepy janitor (?) who allegedly coughs in the middle of the night.

I've heard the cough, it sounds like a sigh through normal speakers, but thru headphones it is definately a cough.

I dunno if I can describe exactly where it is, but its at the end of the accoustic lala section in the middle of the song during the transitional accoustic riff before the distrted guitars come back in...

Shit, what a crap description. Well anyway, I KNOW WHERE IT IS AND YOU DON'T!. I win.