Could you all check this out? (UK peeps esp.)

nwright

Apr 19, 2005
New Castle, Indiana
www.myspace.com
So, we are on the unsigned compilation in this month's Terrorizer and I guess they are having a contest for the "best" unsigned band. Winner gets a slot on some festival and a write-up in the magazine. We got the opening track slot, which I guess is the coveted slot.

Voting is based on text messages, so those with cell phones, would you vote for us? I guess if you are a Terrorizer reader you could listen to all the bands and vote for your favorite, but I'll shamelessly ask for votes as well.

Text the word "unsigned" then a space and then the number 1 to 87474 vote for us. This may be UK based only...I tried it here on my phone in the US, and I didn't get a notice saying it was an invalid number, but other people I know said it didn't go through.

Sorry if it seems lame to ask for votes, but being in a band that doesn't get a lot of exposure in our hometown (most of anything we've done is in northern Indiana and MI - 100 to 200+ miles from home), we really work to get exposure in the areas where some people express interest, and so far Terrorizer has been favorable to us.

Plus, I probably have all of you on this forum to thank for helping me record, mix and master my band's releases, (which got great marks from the reviewer), so thanks!

You can hear my band on our Myspace, addy is in my sig.

not too sure I have faith in these phone/vote schemes, not convinced thats entirely what it goes by.

My band about 3 years back (different band) were voted 3rd best unsigned band in the UK (kerrang) we never knew anything about a phone in competition? or that we were even in it! our singer just picked up the mag one weekend and seen us in there!

we were not a well known band, I think it was down to someone in kerrang taking a liking to us and just putting us forward depite this whole phone in thing that was happening.