Countess - Blazing Flames Of War

Well I don't really consider you a part of GMD, and I thought you would be glad for that. :loco: But yeah, you've probably been listening to them longer than I have.

I wonder if the last song Fields of Athenry is a cover from the old Irish one? That would be pretty funny.

"Yes. The original has been recorded by dozens of bands I think, the best version perhaps that by the legendary Wolfe Tones (listen to that here: www.myspace.com/wolfetones), but actually my version is more of a cover of the version Dropkick did, because I really appreciate what they did with the song. The way they turned the folk original into a punk song whilst preserving the song's integrity (for want of a better word) is remarkable. Basically, I did a BM version of their punk version. If I were to do it again, I would probably do it a little differently, but I'm still very pleased with the way this turned out - together with The Veils Of Negative Existence, I consider this the most succesful cover song I've done to date."

"Yes. The original has been recorded by dozens of bands I think, the best version perhaps that by the legendary Wolfe Tones (listen to that here: www.myspace.com/wolfetones), but actually my version is more of a cover of the version Dropkick did, because I really appreciate what they did with the song. The way they turned the folk original into a punk song whilst preserving the song's integrity (for want of a better word) is remarkable. Basically, I did a BM version of their punk version. If I were to do it again, I would probably do it a little differently, but I'm still very pleased with the way this turned out - together with The Veils Of Negative Existence, I consider this the most succesful cover song I've done to date."

Nice, I do listen to Wolfe Tone and more of those bands quite a lot and I aswell think Wolfe Tones does that song the best. But I don't have heard the Dropkick murphys version, need to get into them more I guess.

Sounds fucking amazing. Ad Maiorem Sathanae Gloriam is my favorite Countess album that I've heard. The track Blood On My Lips (The Silent Rose Of Sin) is fucking sick; I love it!

Well I don't really consider you a part of GMD, and I thought you would be glad for that. :loco: But yeah, you've probably been listening to them longer than I have.

OK, good excuse :cool:
I lurk a lot at the different GMD boards actually, but not as much as on RC, and when I do post here it's generally because someone is stupid enough to need correction by harsh words... Or when I'm forgotten :cry:

2nd on Blood on my Lips, probably the best Countess song ever, and that's saying a lot.