Cover-art revealed! (or not...)

this thread upset me when it was created but seeing it turn into a "watershed photshop thread" has given me some laughs.

holomoon.jpg

WHAT IS IT WITH THESE IMAGE STEALERS???

The album has a few things in common with Morningrise. It's a second effort in a totally new direction (Morningrise followed Orchid's innovation, just as Watershed is following Ghost Reveries' innovation), and practically every song is 10 minutes or more. As far as the cover goes, and I get this from Morningrise - I'm seeing a landscape.

The album has a few things in common with Morningrise. It's a second effort in a totally new direction (Morningrise followed Orchid's innovation, just as Watershed is following Ghost Reveries' innovation), and practically every song is 10 minutes or more. As far as the cover goes, and I get this from Morningrise - I'm seeing a landscape.

Yeah, I felt the same way since I saw the album name for some reason, and after seeing the length of each track I cant agree more that theyre moving in a new direction

sharkup5.jpg

Going with the blue theme from the Scuba Zoo in Australia.

lol ... funniest so far!

to funeralportrait91: imo yours is the best serious effort even it was only done in 10 minutes.

The album has a few things in common with Morningrise. It's a second effort in a totally new direction (Morningrise followed Orchid's innovation, just as Watershed is following Ghost Reveries' innovation),

We have yet to see in what direction Watershed will go. Also, although GR is my fave album and definitely brings in some innovation i wouldn't go as far as saying it's going in a totally new direction. Imo there was one change of direction in Opeth's recording history and that took place between MR and SL and it was leveraged by a change in personnel between MR and MAYH. And that's a thing Watershed definitely has in common with MAYH (rather than MR). So, if history repeats itself maybe Watershed will be a turning point and only the next album after Watershed will show us what Opeth will be about for the next 10 years.

But that's all speculation. It'll be June sooner than you wish and then we'll all see what it's all about.

I just hope they´ll use the most beautiful picture this time as cover and not only put it in the booklet(sunset through the trees on GR)

Hey haven't been around these parts in about a year .. thought i'd have a go at this...

its ok. alot of these attempts seem to be a picture with opeth's logo. thankfully travis is so fantastic at using photshop/illustrator to make beautiful art covers. as a graphic designer he is one of my favorites :).