Cover Songs! \m/>0<\m/

BaraHime

Nov 30, 2011
The question was posted on facebook a while back, about what songs the fans would like SW to cover next. So I figured we may as well have a thread to turn it into a discussion as opposed to just blurting out song titles.

I personally like covers more when they cross genres, covering another Metal band would be boring to me. The thing is, if it's a song from the same genre it tends to be less a cover and more karaoke. If they cover Dream Theater or some such it'll just be Tommy singing differently while the band just paints by number, so to speak. Something else would give them more freedom to play around since it'll end up different anyway.

...As odd as it seems to be pulling in fluffy Pop songs, a guilty pleasure of mine is Savage Garden. Shut up, he has a pretty voice. Anyway, the point is, that pretty voice of his overlaps Tommy's considerably And I think a Metal version of a few of their songs like of Tears of Pearls could be awesome. :) Though Darren's solo stuff is definitely better that the old SG stuff.

Also, anything Michael Jackson would rock. (I'd add Elvis to make it an Alley Cat send-up, :lol: but all my favorite Elvis songs are the low, dark ones, and Tommy doesn't really have the weight for those. But I'm cranky about my Elvis.)

Also:
FUCK YEAH! :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator: