cover songs(not by anthrax)

SAZZ

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
i remember you guys mentioned other bands that did cover songs from the 80's, 1 being by seal & the other by sinead o'conner. who covered those songs & do you know anymore cover songs from the 80's?

get any Me First and the Gimme Gimmes and have a blast!!they already have 4!!
Also check "from youre screen to youre stereo"by New Found Glory
PunkRockRules!!!!!!!!!!!!
If ya think the Beach Boys are to soft , try TRAVOLTAS , BeachBoys on PUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAZZ said:
thanks guys. has anyone heard that song anthrax covered by ST? war inside my head?

Yes. I have a live video with that on somewhere. I also have the the original by Suicidal Tendencies somewhere also. I think its on Join The Army? Crap memory

Its on Join the Army all right.
Are you just looking for any sog from the 80s covered by anybody today? There are TONS. My friend is making a CD with all cover songs by metal/hard rock bands. Some that hes got so far, Machine Head , Message in a Bottle,Hole Gold Dust Woman this might be late 70s though, Shadows Fall Have a Cigar. This could go on forever.

yes, i was looking for metal/hard rock bands cause all i find is todays punk rock bands do covers from the 80's. i know a few bands that done covers from the 80's. heres a few u may or may not know of
destruction-my sharona
realm-elanor rigby
viking-hell is for children
sacred reich-war pigs,sweet leaf
excel-message in the bottle
sanctuary-white rabbit
wrathchild america-time

dutchy said:
get any Me First and the Gimme Gimmes and have a blast!!they already have 4!!
Also check "from youre screen to youre stereo"by New Found Glory
PunkRockRules!!!!!!!!!!!!
If ya think the Beach Boys are to soft , try TRAVOLTAS , BeachBoys on PUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah the Gimme Gimmes are pretty rad to listen to.

Speaking of bands on FAT, BTW, Strung Out covered "Bark At The Moon" They ripped on that song.They're a pretty tight band..Alot better than most of the crap on that label besides Sick Of It All and two I just mentioned IMHO

killing_box said:
Yeah the Gimme Gimmes are pretty rad to listen to.

Speaking of bands on FAT, BTW, Strung Out covered "Bark At The Moon" They ripped on that song.They're a pretty tight band..Alot better than most of the crap on that label besides Sick Of It All and two I just mentioned IMHO

crap on FAT?????try Good Riddance , No Use for a Name or Lagwagon!!
FATRULES!!!!!!!

dutchy said:
crap on FAT?????try Good Riddance , No Use for a Name or Lagwagon!!
FATRULES!!!!!!!

Yeah I forgot about Good Riddance...they pretty good,No Use I like up to More Betterness,I thought Hard Rock Bottom was terrible,and as for Lagwagon,again I dug some of their earlier stuff,but I just can't get into most of those bands on that label..
Did you get Strung Out's Live In A Dive?? It rules and they are a great live band and nice guys..I saw em a couple years ago

youre right about Lag, but new album sounds more like Hoss, Strung Out is on my wishlist , really like the Live/Dive series, too bad it's not on DVD.
Seen Strung Out last month on Deconstruction Tour.
No Use are really my favs, along with MxPx, did you know Hardrock was voted best punkalbum last year!

dutchy said:
youre right about Lag, but new album sounds more like Hoss, Strung Out is on my wishlist , really like the Live/Dive series, too bad it's not on DVD.
Seen Strung Out last month on Deconstruction Tour.
No Use are really my favs, along with MxPx, did you know Hardrock was voted best punkalbum last year!

No I didn't know that...Hard Rock im my opinion,the first three songs were really good....to me the rest of the album just kinda fell flat after that,the songs afterwards ddint really do anything for me,I really thought more betterness was a great record for them,and their Live In A Dive was really good too.My favorites from them are The Daily Grind and Leche Con Carne..I saw them a couple years back on the MB tour and I dont know if it was an off night or somethin but Tony looked really bored up on stage,like going through the motions..Met Matt Riddle after the show and he is like the biggest Maiden freak!! It was cool..DO you own Incognito or Don't Miss The Train from NUFAN?? They worth getting?

Daily Grind is the oldest one I have, not my fav, listened to it only twice, I agree with you on Leche and More Betterness, sound is heavier on those 2. Seen soem video where Matt is talkin about Maiden , he claims he can play every Maiden song put out!
Trax and Strung would be killer!!!!!!!!

Some more killer covers:

Steel Prophet, "The Apparition" (Fates Warning)
Dimmu Borgir, "Burn In Hell" (Twisted Sister)
HammerFall, "I Want Out" (Helloween)
Iron Maiden, "Communication Breakdown" (Led Zeppelin)
Warmen, "Alone" (Heart)
Testament, "Draw The Line" (Aerosmith)
Helloween, "Cold Sweat" (Thin Lizzy)
Armored Saint, "Saturday Night Special" (Lynyrd Skynyrd)

Oh, and most of the tracks on the first Fozzy CD are good covers, too.