Coverdale / Page (1993)

SoundMaster

Jan 20, 2002
"the flower & willow world"
Visit site
I just gave this awesome record a full listen, for probably the 1st time in a year (or more). Jesus, it slays! It may be the heaviest thing either of these elder statesmen have ever had a hand in. Just awesome, heavy as hell blues rock that ventures into the realm of metal on a number of tracks!

Check out this live bootleg from the 1993 Japanese tour:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3khMLIvu4iM&feature=related[/ame]

If you've not heard the album, I highly suggest you seekit out. Great, great stuff! :kickass:

If THIS doesn't kick your ass, nothing will!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq5GThO6xt8&feature=related[/ame]

its a great album. the last track, "prayer for the dying" i think, is heavy as hell. as far as it being the heaviest thing they ever did, coverdale was in deep purple in the 70's and there are a few zeppelin albums that i think are overall heavier. i will say its the best thing coverdale has done after the 80's (slip of the tongue came out in the 80's right?) and its the best thing page has done after zeppelin

Good album. I was very much into Zeppelin at the time it was released & I played the C/P cd a lot. Can't believe it's been 15 years

This was about 2 years late for the U.S. Market, Grunge was in full swing by then. IMHO if this came out in 90' it would have been huge, It deserved to be.

There are some very good boots of the shows in Japan.

I've had the tape since it was released, still plays pretty good too. Whisper a Prayer for the Dying, and Take Me for a Little While are my favorites, especially the latter, its a favorite song of mine not just on the album. Coverdale has one powerful voice and is high on my list of vocalists. That was a line up of origional hardrock stapels, Denny Carmassi was in Montrose in '73, then I think he played with Sammy on some of his solo stuff and many other successful bands... Sammys another one on my list of favorite voices.