Covers and all

Surprised I didn't know about that group before! Just joined and put my oar in - unfortunately I'm not really that knowledgable about pop/arena rock kinda stuff, so my suggestion might be a little bit out there. :p

Woah woah. Didn't someone here suggest a covers only release? I might be misremembering but maybe the forum crew birthed that idea :headbang:

As an idea, YES! Lots of YES! Please!

But download only would upset the nice CD collection I've got going on :( Understandably publishing on disc incurs a lot of cost but still, I'd love it if this was an option.

As for which covers? I'll give that some thought, in the meantime I think we had a thread or two of some good suggestions before. Here and here. There was even a Dio tribute release idea floated...

I think it's great to give life to some lesser known covers but I'd also highlight that covering a popular song could do wonders for PQ publicity. Assuming PQ want their name out there, a brilliant way of hooking in new fans is covering a rock/metal/pop classic which is widely known enough to get people finding it on YouTube and sharing it out among their friends. Something to consider anyway.

For some reason I think a cover of Fleetwood Mac's Go Your Own Way would be killer!

For us without Facebook, could someone please explain what this is all about?

I believe it's about the following, which is an update from Steve Williams on 'The Official Power Quest Facebook Group':

"Loz has kinda hit on something we've been discussing recently.....a covers EP :) Very interested to hear what you guys would think of this idea.....probably be a download only project and we would like to stay away from the "obvious" type of covers ie Maiden and other classic metal bands. Think AOR, think POP......and let us know your thoughts :)"

I believe it's about the following, which is an update from Steve Williams on 'The Official Power Quest Facebook Group':

"Loz has kinda hit on something we've been discussing recently.....a covers EP :) Very interested to hear what you guys would think of this idea.....probably be a download only project and we would like to stay away from the "obvious" type of covers ie Maiden and other classic metal bands. Think AOR, think POP......and let us know your thoughts :)"

Loz is me, joined this forum today! rock on!

The way I'm thinking is we will take 3 or at the most 4 cover versions that we will put the PQ spin on.

The onus is on you guys, and those on FB, to pick the songs that we should do.

In all likelihood we will look to do this via Pledge or Kickstarter.

If a physical release is demanded....then those who have pledged to the cause will be the ones to receive it.....there will only be that number of copies made. We will also look at digital variants on USB keys for example, which may only be available at gigs.

Obviously it will get leaked like anything else these days but the point really is that it won't be available via any shop or store.....just from the us.

It is an approach I'm considering for the general future as well to be honest as I've just about come to the end of my tether with labels.

Totally see where you're coming from, Steve, and you have 100% of my support on this. Would love to see you all go through with this and I'd absolutely pledge for a physical release! :kickass:

This is 100% the way to go.

1. I get the option to pledge as much money as I can to help PQ out.

2. Those who want the digital release can get that, those that want the physical release can get that and PQ only has to make that amount of CDs to meet demand.

3. I get to put money straight into the pockets of those who deserve it!

4. EPIC 80s COVERS! :headbang: :kickass: