Crackling with Behringer ada8000 and Profire 2626

topsoul182

Dec 18, 2009
I have a Profire 2626 hooked up to a Behringer Ada8000 via lightpipe. I rearranged the studio a little bit. I moved my profire and Ada8000 from a rack to another rack connected to my desk. I added a seismic audio snake, but I tested the cables from the snake directly to the Profire and theres no problems, only when its connected to the ADA8000. It was working great before I rearranged it but then next time I use it there's a constant static and crackle.

This is what the static sounds like.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1950013/ada8000.wav

I've tried all the settings on the back, just incase I knocked it when I was taking out the lightpipe cables. But when I had it running before it was set as Slave-ADAT in

I had a similar problem, but when I added another lightpipe cable, it was resolved. So I have 2 lightpipes between interface and expansion, maybe this could solve your problem too.

Sounds like the issue mine had before it died. Not to alarm you, that was just my experience.

I emailed Behringer to see if they had anything to say about it. Guess its time to see if I can find another one

By any chance could it be because I might have mixed up the power cable for that with another cable when rearranging?