CRADLE OF FILTH Guitarist Joins Forces With LUNA MORTIS Singer In WHITE EMPRESS

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
On the latest episode of Metalkast, Paul "The Rog" Rogne talks with Paul Allender about the CRADLE OF FILTH guitarist's career, interests, his art and his approach on creating music. Allender also speaks for the first time about his WHITE EMPRESS project, a collaboration with Mary Zimmer (LUNA MORTIS) and DJ Gunnarson.In a recent interview with The Age Of Metal, Zimmer stated about WHITE EMPRESS: "Paul and I actually have a number of mutual friends and acquaintances and it was Melissa Ferlaak of PLAGUE OF STARS (formerly of VISIONS OF ATLANTIS, AESMA DAEVA, ECHOTERRA) who put us in touch with each other. We talked about working on some new music together and he set me the instrumental tracks he’d been working on. They were phenomenal and I decided to lay down vocals for three songs. Everything went really well together and we made an official band."She added: "WHITE EMPRESS is really all about the concept of 'The Empress.' The entire band is in essence 'The Empress.' She's her own creative concept, her own image, her own identity that comes from all of us in the band (meaning I'm not The Empress, necessarily). "WHITE EMPRESS is an entire band with a fantasy avatar. It's visual and audio all tied into one huge concept. The band is fantastic, we all contribute equally to the creative process and we've come up with some amazing things for everyone."Metalkast podcast (audio):

whiteempressepsoon.jpg

More...