Cradle Of Filth- Live Bait for the Dead Abracadaver

EvilDeadGod

!DIE!
May 5, 2002
Texas
Let me start off by saying I never had the chance to see Cradle of Filth, and this album sure makes me feel like a shit for missing out on a great show. This cd has great, live quality and its worth every penny. 90 minutes of live tracks:
Lord Abortion
Cthulhu Dawn
Dusk and Her Embrace
Principal of Evil Made Flesh
Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids
Her Ghost in Fog
From Cradle to Enslave
are a few I personally enjoy.
Excellent, these guys make you feel good with such blasphemaic metal....

Theres also a Directors Cut Promo Video, Original Demo Recordings and killer Remixes, some are more heavier, others are a different experimental direction. I give this baby a 9/10!!!

From someone who has seen them live, they suck. Maybe they sound good from the mixing table, but not in the actual show.

I have seen them live on more than one occasion and they surely didn't suck. The last time I saw them (Dynamo '99) there were pretty bad, but the times I saw them before that (mostly in smaller clubs, with Barker still on drums, which is a great plus) they very much ruled!

I'll look out for this album.

I've seen them live 3 times and the best bits are the support bands and the first 5 minutes of their set. Then they start to get repetative as everything sounds like a wall of sound comprising the same old keys. The forest whispers my name was good though. I think they'd work better a small club.

Originally posted by Ormir
From someone who has seen them live, they suck. Maybe they sound good from the mixing table, but not in the actual show.
I disagree. the audio on this cd is not mix. Its pretty raw and you can hear some mistakes here and there being made by the guitarist (mainly wrong notes). This is a good cd if you have NEVER seen Cradle live. Also they don't suck live.

All live recordings are polished and touched before they're released/ You can bloody bet a band like Cradle of Filth would have sorted a lot of the sound out before they released Abracadaver. It wouldn't have sounded that clear live, no way, although it was played pretty good. I got live bait for the dead yesterday and i'm fairly impressed with how they PLAY....but my goodness, I never had any idea Dani would sound so awful live. It's almost laughable.

these theiving bastards, not only are CoF the worst band on the planet (cant play there instuments worth shit) now there stealing song names and using them for there titles.

(Horde of Worms - abra cadaver 1998)

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ! This must be the 666 CoF album released this year. Recording a major label album must be more than they though it would cost. :lol: Oh well, they suck anyway, and not because I'm tr00 evul or whatever you wanna think.

Cof has to be the most overrated crappy sounding black metal band ever. there the band that all the nu metal hottopic mall core listen to to think they know metal.

No actually, I think on disc his vocals are very good. If for no other reason that they sound so unique.

And at least the mallcore fans are actually listening to a proper metal band in Cradle of Filth, rather than none at all.

Originally posted by NecromancerAlpha
these theiving bastards, not only are CoF the worst band on the planet (cant play there instuments worth shit) now there stealing song names and using them for there titles

first: cradle know how to play their instruments very well, but you seem to have no idea how to play any instrument

and... second: abracadaver isn't an part of this album name, it's a label

allright, my thoughts on this disc: cradle use it to sell out since this is the same show as on the heavy left handed dvd and the second album released in this year. Nonetheless it's a good one, they made a quite good cross-section through their discography. Dani's voice sucks live, he ruined it during the years in the buisiness, but however i recommend it to those guys who don't own the heavy left handed dvd

let's give it an 7/10

To me Cradle always sound better on Studio recordings.The set was well planned and Queen of Winter Throned sounds very good.It is not quite the same as seeing it on the video.I have only listened to the first disc a few times.

The second disc had in my opinion improved versions of songs from Bitter Suites and the Techno remixes are interesting if nothing else.

All things taken into account I give this 7/10