Craig Williams from KNAC diss on Sara

On a related note,

I can assure you, I do not consider myself as throwing away my talents on the Maidens.

First off, as I want to become better as a graphic artist, this forum gives me a place to entertain and get feedback at the same time. You all give me a reason to keep trying, and let me know when I do well - something any artist can definitely benefit from.

Secondly, and I'm sure this question is on a lot of our minds these days...

Just how far can a tribute band actually go?!?

The Maidens will certainly make the answer to that question an interesting journey! I'll very much enjoy posting conversation pieces in the meantime (as well as Dreamaster and a few others here) so that we all can get to know each other better...

I really like Sara's .mp3's, and would very much like to see her do a solo album (for her fans if nothing else). I'll even lend a few CD burners to the cause (unless she decides to go the musicmasters route and have 1000+ CD's made)

Eh, Pyromania won "Best OC Rock Band" for 2002. What does that tell you? It means that there's a major lack of good, talented original bands.

Bag on the tributes all you want, but they serve a great purpose, are fun to go see and yes and help original bands more than you can imagine...

Originally posted by MiniMurray
Hey, I play original stuff too!

http://www.sarabaracuda.com/Splash_Mountain.mp3
I was checking out your site and stumbled on this in your band listing:
The Phaces

1999-200. Dumb name, but we covered some cool tunes. Elina the bass player could do a mean Melissa Etherage, and we did some Cranberry songs too. The drummer had a 1969 Roadrunner. Favorite Jams: The Who- Pinball Wizard, and that Grateful Dead song...
so if i yell out for you to smash your guitar, i won't get kicked out, will I? hehehe. No? then, how about a windmill instead?? I'll compromise....

cheers :D