eh..

when I was drunk.
kun olin humalassa.

or / and even:
kun = kunnes = koska
because = until / to some point = when / because

sooooo difficult to explain!

for f´s sake my english is getting worse and worse every day.. :erk:

I hate these small words that can have so many meanings. When, than, whatever else it can be... "fuck when is boring" (i beg your pardon, that song is fantastic), "fuck than is boring", "fuck because is boring" argh someone shoot small words that never directly translate. I hate languages, they're awesome.

Vittu kun on tylsää - Fuck, it's boring.

You have to have that "kun" word there when you're emphasizing something with a curse word or something. It disappears in translation to english.

So kind of like "Persesisälmykset kun pidän juustosta"?

^ any excuse to use persesisälmykset is worth it.

EDIT: oh yes, and thanks for the explanations.

Hey, I carried out the purchase of a book purely in Finnish, even realising when the nice lady was asking me if I'd like a bag. Lumitalvi is witness, I'm not lying!

But it's the same in English; why use such dull and boring words as "shit" and "fuck" when there are words with much more character like "bollocks" and of course "arsegiblets"? It makes no sense.

Oh buying a book is easy. All I did was this:

"Moi." *hand over book* *watch display for price to pay* *hand over money* "Joo." "Kiitos!" "Moi." *smile* *walk away* *listen to Lumitalvi's praise*

Simple!

That wasn't grumpiness, that was sheer terror that she might speak at me in Finnish that I wouldn't understand and I'd get all confused and look like an idiot. Well, more of an idiot.

Paskaa saatana. Vaihteeksi työttömänä eikä keksi mitään muuta tekemistä ku ryyppiminen. Oikeestaan ei edes ahista.

Mun taas tarvis mennä tänään kasvatuspsykologian tenttiin eikä oikein mitään ole jäänyt lukemisesta päähän kun mielessä on vaan ryyppääminen. :D Näyttää siltä ettei hyvältä näytä.

nevershine said:
Mun taas tarvis mennä tänään kasvatuspsykologian tenttiin eikä oikein mitään ole jäänyt lukemisesta päähän kun mielessä on vaan ryyppääminen. :D
So what does "kun" mean in that sentence?

:tickled: Just kidding, don't hate me.