Craziest Fans

Daybreaker

Red, Hot, and Heavy
Jul 6, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
This was partly inspired by nailbmb, "that guy" that went wild during Townsends set. But I think the prize for wildest fans goes to this group of guys from Mexico. During Blind Guardians set on the right side where the seats started were like 4 or 5 guys headbanging air drumming, airguitaring and yelling along the WHOLE set. Dude that was so fucking cool. Anyone else see em?

Also, during Gamma Ray I felt something behind me and I turned around and saw this dude who had his hair all in his face, the biggest scowl Ive ever seen and had his fist pumping going BWAAAAAAARGHHHHHHH all throughout Gamm Ray. Did anyone else see any crazy fan like this?

Ben

Originally posted by Daybreaker
I think the prize for wildest fans goes to this group of guys from Mexico. During Blind Guardians set on the right side where the seats started were like 4 or 5 guys headbanging air drumming, airguitaring and yelling along the WHOLE set. Dude that was so fucking cool. Anyone else see em?

Ben

ooohhhh yeah.... You couldn't miss these guys, they were only a few seats away from where I was stationed. They were going NUTZ!!! :eek:
I really wish I had their energy, I was getting pooped at that point! :(

I think those are the fans every band wished they had, those boys from Mexico were showing up some of the most hardcore fans in the stadium!

I saw the guys from Mexico to (I was sitting next to Dustin and sheri). The other group I thought was the people from the Honduras. They were jumping up and down, headbanging and getting crazy during the Gamma Ray and Angra sets(I didn't see them during blind Guardian.) Several of the guys from Costa Rica were going nuts during Blind Guardian to. It was great to see that response. I talked with one of the people from the Honduran group and seem genuinely super nice and totally psyched to be at ProgPower. (I did get a picture of them on my online photo album):cool:

John
zinescene@hotmail.com

The cool thing is that those guys live here and they are so dedicated...they are at every show i am at going crazy, buying merch... they always throw up the metal sign and scream my name... :)
rottingflesh

Damn! I did not know that there were people from Costa Rica present. I am from Costa Rica myself, but I am currently studying in Indiana and drove down from there. It would have been cool to meet the "Metal-Ticos" at the festival.
Pura Vida! Puro Metal!

I would have to say those Brazillian fans down on the floor during Angra's show... they were off to the left side. They were really getting into it man...

The most annoying fan was this huge fat sweaty guy behind me who kept bashing into me and elbowing me in the back during Gamma Ray's performance. Ben probably knows who I'm talking about, cuz the guy kept pushing me into Ben really hard. Hope you didn't mind too much, Ben.

^^^ 50 bucks says thats the guy that I mentioned earlier during Gamma Ray. Seriously man when I looked around I was scared I mean he had this look on his face like he wanted to run up there and make love to Kai Hansen with all the subtelty of a wild boar. Hahahaa the look on his face was priceless I wish I had a pic. Dont worry about it man (the pushing) I can take it I just also hope I wasnt too damn tall for you to see over. haha look at this were all like "Hey man Im sorry if I crushed you", thats a first out of any concert Ive attended.

Ben

Originally posted by Curufin
I would have to say those Brazillian fans down on the floor during Angra's show... they were off to the left side. They were really getting into it man...

Dude, we (the Brazilian crowd) were really into it, as you said. I've been living in the USA for a couple years so I had to wait to see Angra live. So, I guess that's the reason we were all like that (especially me, the one with the flag, the craziest one...).
And the coolest thing was that everybody liked Angra's set. So, we really felt proud of having Angra in Brazil, for them to be Brazilian.

And we're sorry if anybody thought we were just going a little too crazy during their set. =)

^^^ 50 bucks says thats the guy that I mentioned earlier during Gamma Ray. Seriously man when I looked around I was scared I mean he had this look on his face like he wanted to run up there and make love to Kai Hansen with all the subtelty of a wild boar. Hahahaa the look on his face was priceless I wish I had a pic. Dont worry about it man (the pushing) I can take it I just also hope I wasnt too damn tall for you to see over. haha look at this were all like "Hey man Im sorry if I crushed you", thats a first out of any concert Ive attended.

Ben

Sorry guys!!

I never saw Gama Ray live before, but I did see Helloween in the old days with Kai Hansen.
I just felt young again!!!!

Erie

Maybe not, but I did have a damn good time also.
I did see that the guy in front of me was not really happy to be "used" as something to lean against. Re-living my time of being 11 (+ some)

Erie

yep, I saw them to. What about the lazzy fans though? was it me or were there abotu 200 lazzy 50 year old dads and moms up in the stands? Shit, I was up there to but I got up, sung the songs, and clapped and did shit. Those guys just sat there and looked depressed most of the weekend. I hope the bands forgive us for how shitty some of the people responded.

Haha yea I saw those guys on the right side during Blind Guardian, they were quite entertaining to watch.

What about that guy all the way in the back right corner who screamed his ass off so loud that everyone started laughing? haha I think it was after a Devin song I can't remember.
It was hilarious, he was as loud as the PA and screaming about how fucked up he got last night or something. Classic.

Originally posted by erie

Ben

Sorry guys!!

I never saw Gama Ray live before, but I did see Helloween in the old days with Kai Hansen.
I just felt young again!!!!

Erie

You ARE a tall bastard Erie!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate to see you move back to Holland, as we don't know when we'll see you again! You need to keep in touch, We don't want to loose track of you once you move back overseas!

My email address is on our website..and our forum is also located on this forum... SO USE IT!!! :D

It's good to have seen yo again Erie, and me and Sheri had a blast watching the gig on the floor with you! Stay in touch big guy!

How about that guy who said "Oh my God!!" when Hansi was introducing "Nightfall in Middle Earth? Hansi thought we were laughing about the 'tragic fate of the Noldor race' "THAT's NOT FUNNY! haha.

Hey,

erie, are you the guy that I was talking to about the Virgin Steele show in Long Island and the Macabre/Cannibal Corpse tour? I was the shortish guy in the leather jacket with the even shorter girlfriend right up at the front... sounds like all of us were in the same area for Gamma Ray

Ryan